What's new

Really BIG straight razors

My 8/8 Brian Brown:
proxy.php

My 15/16 Corsan Denton Burdekin & Co:
proxy.php

darn... I shoulda made you trade with me for a bit... That thing is awesome. How does it shave compared to mine? With a JNAT edge, is there any appreciable difference with the steel?

darn... I shoulda made you trade with me for a bit... That thing is awesome. How does it shave compared to mine? With a JNAT edge, is there any appreciable difference with the steel?

If you close your eyes, you would be hard pressed to tell a difference.

My latest addition, a 8/8 Revisor from you-know-where...

Held that one in my hands lately. The blade is much bigger than it appears on the picture. I did not buy it because of the scales. That metallic painted thing does this wonderful blade not justice. BTW. Where'd you got it. I don't-know-where.

Henckels Friodur 7/8
Thiers-Issard 7/8
Filarmonica 8/8

Attachments

• $h1.JPG
    $h1.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 371
  • $ti1.JPG
    $ti1.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 372
  • $f21.JPG
    $f21.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 372
Dorkos are great. No other razor in my collection that is so easy to hone and provides such a fantastic shave. This is the razor I would take with me if I had to move to Mars for tax reasons.

Some Dorkos. ... the one in front is wearing bone scales now - I should update this photo soon I guess.

proxy.php

Found a current pic of the one wearing white above

proxy.php

Last edited:
Wow... I've posted the Wacker elsewhere, and mentioned it here, but I don't believe I've posted a photo of it in this thread!

Wacker Gadsden 15/16 Spanish Point, Buffalo Horn scales.
Very nice, and a heavy beast. It's my #1, use it almost exclusively.
It's my only blade that will take an HHT using SWMBO's "spider silk" hair, and it holds an edge forever (last time I honed it was last July).

$wackermwf.jpg

Top Bottom