What's new

Razorock Wunderbar Slant

I received my Wunderbar yesterday, and matched it against two days growth, paired with a brand new Polsilver Super Iridium, my current favorite blade. Today, sixteen hours later my face remains smooth.

I have int total ( I counted yesterday) 53 razors, and no pairing has ever given me this result.

The Wunderbar mowed down the growth with murderous efficiency. I shave regularly with the Muhle R41, and I have often used the Ikon Teck, which I find to be aggressive but without being especially efficient, and I use the Futur on it's highest setting, so I'm not intimidated by aggressive razors. They don't leave me streaming with blood, but the Wunderbar is a different beast entirely.
I've never used a razor that requires such a light touch. It's very, very efficient, but I feel that you need solid technique for it to deliver its best results. I got two neck weepers, which is a real rarity for me these days, as I get BBS shaves most shaves and very rarely get nicks, cuts, or weepers with any razor and blade combination.
By the way, I have many slants, and I'm partial to almost all of them, so it's not a slant thing. In fact some of my slants I consider to be pretty mild. The Wunderbar feels quite different. The blade is held absolutely fast. Wonderfully precise.
The Wunderbar is so efficient that as I wake up this morning ( I shaved in the mid afternoon yesterday, as I had to make a local TV appearance) I really have nothing to shave! What a dilemma as I need to have a totally clean face for at least 12 hours tomorrow, so I'll probably shave again tomorrow morning! Damn, I can't play with my toys!
Anyway, I'm curious to hear what others have found with the Wunderbar, especially blade pairings.

hey thanks for the good tip, I may look at that razor .... and secondly ... You have 53 razors !!!!!! I am soooo jealous ... good on ya'

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love my Wunderbar. I use it with a Voskhod or a Feather. Very close shaves with that one. Enjoy !

I agree that the Wunderbar is very efficient and smooth. I have a rough time using it daily because it shaves so close. I like to alternate with a more mild razor that keeps the close shave but doesn't get quite as close, if that makes sense. I like the Astra Green and Derby Extra Blades in it. Great razor.
Steve

Your observations are very good. I can use it every day and have when it is my rotation. However, as you indicated this is one razor where a light touch is mandatory.

I agree that the Wunderbar is very efficient and smooth. I have a rough time using it daily because it shaves so close. I like to alternate with a more mild razor that keeps the close shave but doesn't get quite as close, if that makes sense. I like the Astra Green and Derby Extra Blades in it. Great razor.
Steve

I know what you mean. I'm experimenting with doing exactly this. Does anyone else do out there alternate in this way?

I totally agree with your assessment. I have tried 4-5 other slants and they did nothing for me. Like you I use aggressive razors daily. R41, Fatip Piccolo and now the Wunderbar. It is a well built quality razor but you do have to pay attention when using it!​

I totally agree with your assessment. I have tried 4-5 other slants and they did nothing for me. Like you I use aggressive razors daily. R41, Fatip Piccolo and now the Wunderbar. It is a well built quality razor but you do have to pay attention when using it!​
The more I use the Wunderbar the more I like it. I find it easy to shave with. It produces the close shaves I've ever had, and they last for hours. My last shave was with a Gillette Nacet, and so far I like this pairing better than any I've tried. It really is rapidly becoming my benchmark against which I judge other razors.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the Hawk? I have a previous version of Razorock Slant (stainless) and it had been my daily razor for about 6 months straight until recently when I tried the Hawk. I can see going back to it, but the blades last so long, that I still have a week before I will give the first blade the ghost. Also, when I used Feathers in the Slant, I noticed that I only needed to change the blade once a month.

I have tried the Hawk. I find it gives a very comfortable, forgiving, irritaion-free, and easy shave. It's almost impossible to cut yourself with the Hawk. I use the Feather Pro blade, and it produces a very good shave by any standard, yet it does not shave me a close as the Wunderbar. Then again, nothing does. The Hawk is a bargain, but though very fine and the best single edge I've used by far, it's still not in the same league as the Wunderbar.

Top Bottom