What's new

RazoRock Wunderbar Slant: My closest shave ever!

I shaved this morning with the Wunderbar, and I can report that I got the closest shave I have EVER had! Yes EVER! I paired it with a Polsiver Super Iridium blade that I had used twice before. Arko shave stick was the soap. I used a pre-shave oil. Finishes with the alum block and Witch Hazel

The Wunderbar does require a light touch, and a learning curve but after three shaves, I'm getting the hand of it, and on the previous two shaves my face remained smooth for many hours; an indicator of a truly close shave. The Wunderbar is easily the most aggressive and yet efficient slant bar I've ever used. By the way, as you know, aggressive shavers are not always efficient. For example the Ikon Tech is very aggressive, but I have never found it especially efficient. Ditto the older model of the Muhle R41.

Like other aggressive razors it definitely improves your technique, and it's not a razor for novices, but if you have the skill, the funds, a tough beard, and you like very close shaves, I don't believe there is a more efficient razor. I have 53 DE safety razors, so I speak from some experimental experience.

Thanks to the team at Italian Barber!

How are other finding this razors shaves?

Being a slant (twisted head) razor collector/shaver, with somewhere around 75 in my accumulation (like any normal person) the Wunderbar displaced the Merkur 37 as the best slant razor I've shaved with. As you've said, it is probably not for everybody, but I find it to be the perfect slant in design, geometry, blade gap, weight. Perfection AFAIC.

Wow I didn't even know there were 75 slants, but it's refreshing to know that I'm not the only RAD sufferer out there!
I found the RazoRocks German 37 is better than my Merkur 37 though superficially it looks like a close. It just shave way better, and on closer examination there are slight differences I believe.
I also quite like the Maggard slant. The Ikon 102 is efficient, and a little too mild for me. I haven't yet tried the Ikon X3.
The PAA Bakelite is not bad, a little rough I find. How does the Wunderbar compare to IBs previous slant iteration on your opinion?

The post above edited and expande!
Wow! I didn't even know there were 75 slants, but it's refreshing to know that I'm not the only RAD sufferer out there!
I found the RazoRock German 37 is better than my Merkur 37C though superficially it looks like a clone. The Razorock shaves way better, and on closer examination there are slight differences I believe. Or perhaps it's my imagination!
I also quite like the Maggard slant. The Ikon 102 is efficient, but a little too mild for me. I haven't yet tried the Ikon X3.
The PAA Bakelite is not bad also, a little rough I find. How does the Wunderbar compare to IBs previous slant iteration on your opinion? I haven't tried the SuperFine plastic slant
The only slant I really don't like it the Lutz. I've never gotten a good shave with it, no matter what blade I use.
I would be curious to know how you regard your various slant bar razors.

Being a slant (twisted head) razor collector/shaver, with somewhere around 75 in my accumulation (like any normal person) the Wunderbar displaced the Merkur 37 as the best slant razor I've shaved with. As you've said, it is probably not for everybody, but I find it to be the perfect slant in design, geometry, blade gap, weight. Perfection AFAIC.
The more I use the Wunderbar the more I like it. I find it easy to shave with. It produces the close shaves I've ever had, and they last for hours. My last shave was with a Gillette Nacet, and so far I like this pairing better than any I've tried. It really is rapidly becoming my benchmark against which I judge other razors.

The Wunderbar is not only my best-shaving slant; it's my best-shaving DE, period. And it's in a dead heat with my Mongoose as my best-shaving razor overall.

The Wunderbar is not only my best-shaving slant; it's my best-shaving DE, period. And it's in a dead heat with my Mongoose as my best-shaving razor overall.
I haven't tried a Mongoose, but so far the Wunderbar is my best razor in terms of closeness of shave and how long that close shave lasts. It's become my benchmark razor. What blade do you pair it with.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
With a name like WUNDERBAR, it has to be good. Wait....That's Smuckers! Glad it's going well for you.

I almost ordered on today but I have tried a slant so I ordered a few cheaper ones to see if I like them. The Wunderbar looks great and I do love some stainless razors!

Top Bottom