What's new

Razorock Teck II vs. VDH Traditional Short Handle DE

Good morning! I just received and used my Razorock Teck II. The blade was a Derby Extra (green) which came with the razor, and P160 soap. I have only been wet shaving a few weeks and was using a VDH Traditional razor, VDH blades and VDH Traditional soap. I purchased the Teck II because I thought I would like the longer handle.

Well the Teck II gave me an SAS shave at best. I was experiencing a DFS with the VDH setup. I am attributing this, possibly, to the need to change my technique for the longer handle. To experiment further, I am going to use a VDH blade and soap with the Teck II for todays shave and check the results.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated!
Lou

Welcome aboard! I hove not used either of those razors, but I have used many others. My experience is that it takes me awhile to figure out any new razor and pick the best blade options.

Hi Lou, and welcome to B&B.

I would strongly recommend going to tryablade.com and getting a sampler pack or putting together one yourself (like I did). Tryablade sells blades individually so if you go that route you probably want to order two of each type (minimum), just in case the blade is defective. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Top Bottom