What's new

RazoRock Stealth Slant Explorer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RazoRock Stealth Slant Explorer Project:
A beta test first run of the new all billit, CNC machined, all aluminum slant style razor from RazoRock. A voluntary, buy in group of approx. 130 testers who have agreed to put this all new slant style razor through its paces and provide feedback to assist Italian Barber in providing this razor as a regular production model.

Please consider this thread a one stop place to Review, Discuss and Share about the RazoRock Stealth Slant during this Explorer Project.

Specifications:

• Complete Length : ~98mm
  • Handle Length: ~91mm
  • Handle Diameter: ~12mm
  • Handle Butt end Diameter: ~14mm
  • Weight: ~44 grams (1.6oz)
  • Material: 6061 aluminum
  • Finish: Black Anodize
  • Build: CNC machined head (billet), lathe turned handle (rod)

$rrslant2.jpg

Testers, please remember Joe's request for emailed feedback as well, on top of whats shared here, which can be sent to him at [email protected]

Rock on!

I received my shipped notice today, Jim.
:biggrin1:

And to alleviate any potential confusion, each one of the testers purchased this razor with their own funds and are in no way being compensated for their opinion.

Last edited:
Checking in. Mine shipped yesterday as well.

How are you guys planning on testing this razor?

By running it through a double-blind, paid, clinical trial, and publishing the results in Nature after getting peer-reviewed or just using it. I'm still undecided on which way I'm gonna go.

Checking in. Mine shipped yesterday as well.

How are you guys planning on testing this razor?

By shaving with it ;)

All kidding aside, I will hold my comments to myself for a month or so...to let the "newness" wear off, get a few cycles of different blades through, etc.

I plan to simply use it consistently for at least a couple weeks before I'll know exactly what to expect from it. I'll try it with a variety of different soaps, and the 3 different blades I regularly use. I'm not going to give a full review until after that timeframe, but I fully plan to discuss and share impressions and thoughts along the way!

Thats why I created the thread now, as I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this way, and now that they've started shipping the chatter's gonna start pretty quick. Also figured I do us all the service of putting all that chatter in one place before it started in multiple places ;)

I feel like that was pretty fast! I (as well as most, probably) have about a zillion questions running through my head. But my first one is: does the 44g weight feel very light? I'm really curious how the combination of the aggressiveness of the head and the overall light weight will affect the performance of this razor.

Well, I live 2-1/2 drive North of IB, so anything shipped to me from Toronto gets here the next day. Canada Post baby! :laugh:

I've already sent Joe my first impression,

If you have one of these on the way, you are in for a treat,

Razor feels light, handle is perfect
What amazed me is that I was able to easily catch spots that normally I had trouble with, Jaw line and base of the neck on both side of the adams apple area. Normally in order for me to do a decent job I'd end up with irritation in those areas, No such thing with this slant,
It was a smooth 2 pass, and a couple of tiny touch ups under the nose. The head is larger that the OC razors I've been using lately so a shave or 2 to adjust to that,

I purposely loaded heavy soap "The Beach" without any clogging issue.

I think the razor is really efficient, I didn't need a 3rd pass,

I used a Personna lab,

Great thing about the handle is that it fits the vintage heads also.

Don't know what else to say about it, I'm only one shave in but that first shave was a winner without any big learning curve.

Biggest thing I'm stoked about is being able to easily shave those rough spots I never could quite perfect with no irritation.

Well, I live 2-1/2 drive North of IB, so anything shipped to me from Toronto gets here the next day. Canada Post baby! :laugh:

I've already sent Joe my first impression,

If you have one of these on the way, you are in for a treat,

Razor feels light, handle is perfect
What amazed me is that I was able to easily catch spots that normally I had trouble with, Jaw line and base of the neck on both side of the adams apple area. Normally in order for me to do a decent job I'd end up with irritation in those areas, No such thing with this slant,
It was a smooth 2 pass, and a couple of tiny touch ups under the nose. The head is larger that the OC razors I've been using lately so a shave or 2 to adjust to that,

I purposely loaded heavy soap "The Beach" without any clogging issue.

I think the razor is really efficient, I didn't need a 3rd pass,

I used a Personna lab,

Great thing about the handle is that it fits the vintage heads also.

Don't know what else to say about it, I'm only one shave in but that first shave was a winner without any big learning curve.

Biggest thing I'm stoked about is being able to easily shave those rough spots I never could quite perfect with no irritation.

Thanks for that! Sounds good so far! My thoughts/questions after your initial report:

-What razor are you used to using?
-How was the face feel compared to that razor?
-Personna Labs are pretty balanced smooth/sharp. Any other blade options you're considering?
-How's The Beach!? :)

Thx for sharing your comments - Would you be able to upload of picture with a blade loaded. I would like to see how the blade aligns with the top cap and bottom plate so I can make sure mine is loaded the same way.

Thanks for that! Sounds good so far! My thoughts/questions after your initial report:

-What razor are you used to using?
-How was the face feel compared to that razor?
-Personna Labs are pretty balanced smooth/sharp. Any other blade options you're considering?
-How's The Beach!? :)

1) I am used to using OC razors, mostly I like the English 7 o clock and English New LC.

2) Face feel is much smoother with the slant. If I can pull off what I did today with the slant tomorrow, the OC's will take a move to the back shelf. I may just pull them out and try them with the Slant handle, That handle is great!

3)I want to try a Feather blade and Med prep next, maybe then a Voskhod, but sometimes my first shave with the Voskhod blade is a bit rough. I've got some Rapira platinum Lux's that I want to give a go with also.

4) The Beach, Slick, lathers super easy, smells really complex, I think I get the beach idea but it almost seems like there is allot going on there, its sweeter smelling, I can smell the suntan lotion smell, but no hotdogs and thongs, lol.

My container of The beach has 2 layers, the top layer is about 1/8" thick and almost cream colored and the bottom layer is the same color as glycerin soap.

If I had the opportunity I would have gotten those 3 items. Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing how these perform.

Is anyone planning on shaving with this with extra growth? Im curious how this will perform with an extra day or two of growth. Just a curiosity really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom