What's new

Razorock 400 Butterscotch/game changer knot?

I honestly had no issue keeping it standing with a full head of lather. That was actually one concern that crosses my mind prior to ordering but the brush is very well balance throughout. I found it quite nice.

Thanks! Appreciate the input. Hopefully they stay in stock for a bit while I scratch together some funds. LOL

I've had a chance to use my new Razorock 400 a few times now.
I will say I really like the handle! Very comfortable and good grip.
The knot is scrubby with soft tips. A bit more difficult to splay than my Shave Revolution Evolution. The scrubbiness feels pretty good on the face and gives the impression it's really lifting the whiskers.
I wish it was a little bigger knot - feels small for a 24mm.
All in all, I am happy with it and will reach for it when I want a soft but scrubby brush!

SOTD_021217.JPG
SOTD_021317.JPG

So I just got this guy in today and while I've never been too fond of the original Rubberset 400 design let alone metal handles, I decided to give this guy a try because I mostly only have short handle brushes and needed a long handle for my mugs. When I seen this online at Italian barber I noticed the beautiful Butterscotch color and the knot which is identical in appearance to the Amack Game changer knot that happens to be my top pick for synthetics also the Razorock 400 engraved at the bottom of the handle ads a little touch of class and with a price tag of only $17.99 it was definitely worth trying. I have yet to use it but I will for today's SOTD and maybe do a side to side comparison with the actual Amack game changer. I believe Razorock is calling theirs the Noir Plissoft but I'm telling you it looks exactly the same which leads me to believe that it is from the same source but we shall see. Here it is in my hands for size comparison:
Very interesting handle shape!

So if i understand what i read then:
1.This knit is the same as amack game changer
2.It is difficult ti splay
3.It is soft but scrubby
Right?

Then my question is:
Is it similar to the omega hi brush synthetic brushes?
If not i'd be surprised.But in any case it is different in terms of splay compared to fine's angel hair or plissoft brushes as i understand.

Thanks for the review...wondering how it would compare to the RR Monster?
Just trying to do my part around here. :001_005: I have yet to try the monster but I've tried their regular Plissoft knots and found them too much like the 2nd version of the Plisson synthetics. Too soft and no back bone whatsoever, I wouldn't get the scrubby feeling I desired from it so I got rid of them...

So I just got this guy in today and while I've never been too fond of the original Rubberset 400 design let alone metal handles, I decided to give this guy a try because I mostly only have short handle brushes and needed a long handle for my mugs. When I seen this online at Italian barber I noticed the beautiful Butterscotch color and the knot which is identical in appearance to the Amack Game changer knot that happens to be my top pick for synthetics also the Razorock 400 engraved at the bottom of the handle ads a little touch of class and with a price tag of only $17.99 it was definitely worth trying. I have yet to use it but I will for today's SOTD and maybe do a side to side comparison with the actual Amack game changer. I believe Razorock is calling theirs the Noir Plissoft but I'm telling you it looks exactly the same which leads me to believe that it is from the same source but we shall see. Here it is in my hands for size comparison:

The high mountain white version is so outstanding that I bought five!!

Top Bottom