What's new

Razor Blades

bearbeard said:
are the derby's made in Turkey?....If so, if we shave with them are we somehow supporting terrorism 20 cents at a time?

(please read somewhat sarcastically)

Heh heh. Nah I think you're ok buying Derby blades. While there is terrorism in Turkey, it's mostly Kurdish insurgents fighting against the government by randomly targetting the tourist industry. Turkey were an ally in the 'War on Terror' and IIRC they allowed the US/UK to use their airspace and an airfield or two during the recent festivities in Iraq.

Terrorism aside- the Derby blades are great so I'd probably use them anyway! :thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
bearbeard said:
are the derby's made in Turkey?....If so, if we shave with them are we somehow supporting terrorism 20 cents at a time?

(please read somewhat sarcastically)

You mean like buying gasoline?:blink:

(cant resist a chance to take a cheap shot at derby's :biggrin: )

<disguises his typing (think shady voice from back of crowd)> i heard that turkey sent the bird flu over here with money from derby sales.:cursing:

not matthew

gc_30286 said:
(cant resist a chance to take a cheap shot at derby's :biggrin: )

<disguises his typing (think shady voice from back of crowd)> i heard that turkey sent the bird flu over here with money from derby sales.:cursing:

not matthew

:w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TimmyBoston said:
if the Merkur's tear up my face would Feather's rip my face to ribbons? How about the others?
Thanks all.

Timmy,

That all depends on your technique. I personally wouldn't recommend going to Feathers until you are getting nick free, irritation free shaves from your DE. I agree that Merkurs, while seemingly the baseline DE blade that everyone starts with, leave a lot to be desired. The Derbys, in my opinion, are much more forgiving than the Feathers and provide excellent shaves. That being said, Feathers are my favorite DE blade. I get awesome shaves with them!

Top Bottom