What's new

Question about code on Wilkinson Sword (English) dispenser cardboard.

I can put up a photo later if requested, but it's pretty simple.

Short - Picked up a '51 black tip SuperSpeed in original box. Original blade bank/dispenser was missing, but it did have a Wilkinson Sword dispenser with one wrapped blade left. On top of that is a cardboard spacer, that says
"Only one blade left now"
"Remember to buy more"
"Wilkinson Sword Blades"
"this morning"

Then it has a code underneath - 004/212/1

Does anyone have an idea what that code might mean? Lot number, date code, typesetter having fun when nobody is looking?

Oh - the loose blades that were tucked into the SS instructions were of three types - one Blue Blade Gillette (has an F 1 on it, I think, but that's it). Then six WS blades. Those are split into two types.

All of them have the Wilkinson Sword logo on both sides at the "top". One is heavier printing, and below that on one side says "Made In England", and the other says "Super Sword-Edge" (in all caps, of course).

The other type has more faded printing, and says "Stainless" (next line) "Super Sword-Edge" on one side, and "Made In England" (next line) "Super Sword-Edge" on the other side.

The dark ones have J N on the right side of the blade, and the lighter ones are K Y (on two. The other two have no lettering)

So, any clues/information? (I'll be tossing the blades shortly, as I don't need opened vintage blades bouncing around, even if my tetanus shot is up to date)

probably a dumb question but did you try Googling all the above info/numbers?? sometimes you just get lucky by digging around on the Internet

Top Bottom