What's new

Proraso - Cypress and Vetiver

I love the green as well as all of the Proraso line. These creams are different and formulated for single edges. It is slicker and they really nailed the scents in my opinion. I feel that they are worth the added cost and will buy again. Besides, the Proraso green is really low cost to start with.
What’s the scent of the Cypress and Vetyver like?

What’s the scent of the Cypress and Vetyver like?
Ha, wow, asking me to describe a scent. I do notice the cypress, not over powering. I don't know if its an accurate protrayal of vetyver as I don't know what that smells like. There's definitely a sweetness there that maybe a little florally. (Not girly). It reminds me of walking in the woods in spring and picking up the fragrance of the trees and their blooms. Definitely a pleasing scent.

I love the green as well as all of the Proraso line. These creams are different and formulated for single edges. It is slicker and they really nailed the scents in my opinion. I feel that they are worth the added cost and will buy again. Besides, the Proraso green is really low cost to start with.
Thank you for the information. Well, since I have all the 3 Proraso soaps, I think I will not go for the new creams yet, but I will try one of the colognes, maybe the lime one, which seems to have the more mediterranean scent.

I sent an email to Proraso's general inbox asking if they will be seeking it in the same size tubes that the other 4 scents are sold in. They responded saying that there is no intention to do so at this time. I'm still hoping that this time will pass and they will sell the smaller tubes the next time.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I am really confused about these new Proraso creams, my friends.

1. The Italian Proraso web-site does not even list them!
2. They have not been seen in the barbershops that I know (that are Proraso retailers).
3. They have not been seen in the supermarkets / shopping centers / local stores that I know (that stock the entire range of Proraso products, less these new ones of course).

Does anyone have some more info?
Also, could an owner of these new creams post a photo with the ingredients list?

Thanks!

IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
I am really confused about these new Proraso creams, my friends.

1. The Italian Proraso web-site does not even list them!
2. They have not been seen in the barbershops that I know (that are Proraso retailers).
3. They have not been seen in the supermarkets / shopping centers / local stores that I know (that stock the entire range of Proraso products, less these new ones of course).

Does anyone have some more info?
Also, could an owner of these new creams post a photo with the ingredients list?

Thanks!
Got mine from gifts and care for a good price and added a couple of products to make the shipping worth it. I love them both already and would even say that they're my favourite software. They go great with straights. They have great scents and Proraso quality but are thicker and slicker than Proraso's other creams. Pics included as requested. W&B wedge for scale.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I finally managed to find several different on-line shops here in Italy that sell this new line. Prices are between €10.90 and €12.90 per piece, which is pretty expensive for a Proraso cream (a regular 150ml tube costs less than €2.00).

Anyway, I'll give these a try when going back to shaving.

I finally managed to find several different on-line shops here in Italy that sell this new line. Prices are between €10.90 and €12.90 per piece, which is pretty expensive for a Proraso cream (a regular 150ml tube costs less than €2.00).

Anyway, I'll give these a try when going back to shaving.

Marco,

I am finding them a bit slicker than my memories of Green and Blue. The Blue is currently on loan with a coworker, but I will compare when it gets back.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gentlemen, these new line of creams has been formulated for professional barbershop use. My thoughts are confirmed by 3 points:

1. They are available (here in Italy) only through barbershop retailers, hence you will not find them at supermarkets or local stores.

2. They come in a large barbershop size.

3. They give improved slickness for single edge razors, ie the shavettes used by the Master Barbers.

By the way, Proraso has also presented a nice shavette with wooden scales. Just beautiful.

The bag-like containers are different than most cream containers...and larger as well. It almost looks like they are designed for a particular type of dispenser.

The bag-like containers are different than most cream containers...and larger as well. It almost looks like they are designed for a particular type of dispenser.
I noticed a Proraso dispenser on the Gifts and Care website. It was pretty slick but very pricey.

I really wish that Proraso had a local retail presence so that we could smell these. Based on the scent descriptions so far, I'm still not sure which I'd like best. I'm not a huge fan of saffron but maybe it works well in Wood & Spice alongside the other fragrances. Looks like these still haven't been released in the US.

I'd love to try these new creams.

Does anyone know why the dispenser is so darn expensive? $180 seems like a lot.

Kind of pricey. I think I'll wait till the newness wears off considering I can pick up a tube of co bigelow for the same price that's almost double the quantity.

Kind of pricey. I think I'll wait till the newness wears off considering I can pick up a tube of co bigelow for the same price that's almost double the quantity.

It is my understanding that these new Proraso creams are in very large containers of 9.6 oz. You can get a 9.6 oz. tube of C.O. Bigelow?

It is my understanding that these new Proraso creams are in very large containers of 9.6 oz. You can get a 9.6 oz. tube of C.O. Bigelow?
No my bad I didn't realize they were that big. I get the bigelow 5.2oz for $10 so I guess that's about right. To bad they didn't sell smaller sizes in case it sucks.

No my bad I didn't realize they were that big. I get the bigelow 5.2oz for $10 so I guess that's about right. To bad they didn't sell smaller sizes in case it sucks.

I think they are meant to be marketed and sold to barbers given their size. But from what others have said about the three new creams that are being sold this way, they are nicer and more slick and generally of higher quality than their standard offerings that you and I are used to. My hope is that they will eventually get around to putting them in the standard 5 oz. tubes. I'd buy a couple of each.

Top Bottom