What's new

Proraso aftershave. White vs Blue

Has anyone tried both the Proraso Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E (blue) and the Green Tea and Oat (white)? How do they compare?

I have both. The white balm is thinner, but I personally think it has a better scent, as does my wife. You can't go wrong with either though.

Tried both. I prefer white: it's a balm, more... grease. The blue is more a lotion, more liquid. I prefer the white scent too, but my wife loves the blue one... :)
They are both good products: you need just a drop, so the bottle lasts for months.

What does the blue smell like? How would you rate them compared to the old witch hazel formula? I was wondering which one i should try next.

The blue has a rather strong, cologne-like scent. Some folks here compared it to Hugo for men - it's a bit fruity, then turns into a softer, balm-like, creamy scent. When used on dry skin it stays for at least an hour and can clash with your cologne, so you should use it right after shaving, ideally while your skin is still wet.

The white is a bit funny when you first smell it but damn did I take to it like a fish to water! I love it. I don't think I can like without it now and have stockpile! The Blue is thicker and not as nice a scent, but nearly every Proraso product I have sniffed did seem odd at first only to grow on me like crazy! These are fantastic balms and true heavyweights in the aftershave arena. The Green. with alcohol is a superb kicker when you splash it one. I do this first and then add a balm after the kick wears off!

Last edited by a moderator:
I preferred Blue - sank in faster, not at all greasy, and seemed to have a cry lightly mentholated effect. No less soothing than the White for me as well.

I thougt the white was a balm in a tub and the blue is a splash in a bottle. Are they the same consistency?

Last edited:
I thougt the white was a balm in a tub and the blue is a splash in a bottle. Are they the same consistency?
The Blue is slightly thicker than the white. The Blue hasn't much of a scent compared to the white but they are both pretty mild so you won't get a lasting aftershave scent from them. They are both excellent at moisturising thought and you could splash on your favourite cologne after a few minutes!

Every now and then I have a shave that I feel was a bit harsh (poor lather maybe?). That's when I reach for the Proraso White. Good stuff. to me its effeectiveness is a lot like the Nivea balm I also use sometimes.

I've just received the Proraso blue and white balms last week. The blue scent seems to be an either love or hate reaction for people. The scent is very odd and I can't compare it to anything else... wait, lemme try: Round buttery smell with hints of raisin (?) and possibly anise. I've tried hard to like the blue smell after several shaves but I just can't get into it- either the balm or the shave cream. I love the green smell and now the white as well. The white has oat hints as well as what my son called light lemon-lime. Some people say an apple tinge as well (I can see that). Both blue and white lather very well- thick and creamy with proper technique. All in all, I like the white cream smell but especially the balm- nice smell and amazing on my face, very, very soothing. Not a fan of the red so I think the green and white are the winners for me. I have some green balm coming in. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Top Bottom