What's new

Presidential Pen

For me it would be Diamine Oxblood ink (only ink I have). And the Lamy Safari EF I got a year ago thanks to the Mr. Bingle exchange.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My first move, I would use a Pelikan 800 to sign an Executive Order allowing Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black to be sold in the US. :biggrin:

Oddly enough if I had to use a non-fountain pen I would go with a Fisher Space pen. Keeping it American all the way!

I do not see how a president can be forced to use multiple pens or any specific brand for anything. If I was signing a bill it would be MY pen that goes back into MY pocket and it would be my Sheaffer Imperial (1961) that I inherited from my late father. Ink would be Noodler's Black or Parker Quink. I would hand out as many gov't issue pens as required but none would actually be used to sign any legislation. For other correspondence, I would use a Lamy Safari until a US maker could provide an equivalent pen.

I do not see how a president can be forced to use multiple pens or any specific brand for anything. If I was signing a bill it would be MY pen that goes back into MY pocket and it would be my Sheaffer Imperial (1961) that I inherited from my late father. Ink would be Noodler's Black or Parker Quink. I would hand out as many gov't issue pens as required but none would actually be used to sign any legislation. For other correspondence, I would use a Lamy Safari until a US maker could provide an equivalent pen.

http://content.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1974490,00.html

They're not forced, it's just tradition.

Which is what I was thinking. I've been given several of the Cross pens for being an usher in weddings and thankfully have managed to loose them. I found them heavy, slippery, and not pleasant to write with.

Top Bottom