What's new

Post your razor rotation!!!

I usually use the usual utensil I use on a usual usage utilization u-turn.

Other times I just shave with one of my razors.

My "rotation": Mühle R89, more or less endlessly, with very occasional intrusions by Mühle R41 and GEM 1912.

my small rotation of 4 razors $7a27a6daad0b11e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

Merkur Futur. When one side gets full of lather, I rotate the razor to the other side and continue to shave. :wink2:

My rotation is simple: Merkur 11C and bar-handled Gillette NEW LC. I have a Gem OCMM in at the moment for GEMini. I need to get a Tuckaway and a Single Ring into the rotation just to try them out, and I have a Merkur 25C, Z-2 Flare Tip and a Y-2 Black Handle for display and special occasions.

Have you posted details on how you made the razor rack? I want to make a similar one, but hinge it so it swings out from the cabinet. Thanks.

I'm certainly no woodworker. It's a simple design loosely based on the old test tube racks. Some strips of 1/4 x 1" hardwood - probably poplar or something similar glued up with Gorilla glue to make a 90 degree piece. The holes are 5/8", 9 of them equally spaced. I chose to glue the whole thing onto the inside of the cabinet door using a high strength waterproof epoxy - located it at a height that missed the shelves etc. Then applied some blue felt over the top surface to avoid scratching the razors. A simple and inexpensive solution to storing a dozen razors (and displaying them for easy selection) without taking a up a lot of space.
$Rack1.jpg$Rack2.jpg

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
5 years ago almost to the day, THIS was my "Rotation"..... NONE of these items are in my possesion any longer. It is a funny "hobby".

Nowadays.... I end up using one straight razor for days on end....

Attachments

• $07rotation.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 75
I'm certainly no woodworker. It's a simple design loosely based on the old test tube racks. Some strips of 1/4 x 1" hardwood - probably poplar or something similar glued up with Gorilla glue to make a 90 degree piece. The holes are 5/8", 9 of them equally spaced. I chose to glue the whole thing onto the inside of the cabinet door using a high strength waterproof epoxy - located it at a height that missed the shelves etc. Then applied some blue felt over the top surface to avoid scratching the razors. A simple and inexpensive solution to storing a dozen razors (and displaying them for easy selection) without taking a up a lot of space.
View attachment 248512View attachment 248513

Eric, thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. My shelf doesn't have one big door, however, but two doors. That's why I am thinking of mounting mine on a hinge. I might even make two racks, one behind the other. Anyway, thanks for the details.

$2012-06-03 23.12.55.jpg
From left to right, my 34C, ball end tech, at top the old type, senator, fat handle tech, and my slim in the middle
also tomorrow should bring my new NEW that will fit in nicely

Top Bottom