What's new

Post Your Pictures: Swedish Steel

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
If it can not be valid but I have a razor Iberia, manufactured in Spain with Swedish steel, if you ever have the opportunity to take one, do not hesitate

proxy.php

In the case says, made whith the best Swedish steel.
proxy.php

Very nice blade!!

Finally got my hands on an MK 32 with ivory scales. Thing was never honed when I got it and I just buffed it up and put a nice coti edge on it. One smooth shaver!! Sometimes eBay really does pay off.

proxy.php

If it can not be valid but I have a razor Iberia, manufactured in Spain with Swedish steel, if you ever have the opportunity to take one, do not hesitate

proxy.php

In the case says, made whith the best Swedish steel.
proxy.php
Nice blade!
I've seen some Spanish straights before made with Swedish steel.
Wonder what the Filly's are made of?

Finally got my hands on an MK 32 with ivory scales. Thing was never honed when I got it and I just buffed it up and put a nice coti edge on it. One smooth shaver!! Sometimes eBay really does pay off.

proxy.php
Congratulations :thumbup:
Unfortunately for you, all Heljestrands are an important part of Swedish culture, & thus prohibited to take out of the country so for avoiding problems for you, you can send it to me & I make sure it goes back to the Eskilstuna Steel Industry Museum :w00t:

Unfortunately for you, all Heljestrands are an important part of Swedish culture, & thus prohibited to take out of the country so for avoiding problems for you, you can send it to me & I make sure it goes back to the Eskilstuna Steel Industry Museum :w00t:

:lol::thumbup::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Man, I was unaware of this law. I will be happy to send it to the Eskilstuna Museum as long as they send me fair compensation :w00t:
umm, check that. This sucker is going to the grave with me :biggrin1:

3) Akamatsu M-55 Manaslu 6/8
5) Toyo Schoen Burg
6) Diamond Hayashi

Good luck but those are hard to find. I have a long list of people who have asked me to get them one of those three. It's been a while since I've been successful.

Good luck but those are hard to find. I have a long list of people who have asked me to get them one of those three. It's been a while since I've been successful.

Yeah, I know they are rare, but I've had pretty good luck with my WTB line hoping that while posting people see it and help me out.

I'll probably get the Toyo Burg from Martin as rasurpur.de - I'm just debating between the frameback and the hollow ground one.

Don't laugh professor, I think you are gulity of breaking those laws yourself :tongue_sm

Allright, take your chances, but when this guy shows up at your doorstep, you know your time is up :biggrin1:
proxy.php

If Mr. Heljestrand shows up at my door he is more than welcome to have his razor back :biggrin1: Haunted by a ghost for the rest of my life is not worth hanging onto an MK 32 :laugh:

Yeah, I know they are rare, but I've had pretty good luck with my WTB line hoping that while posting people see it and help me out.

I'll probably get the Toyo Burg from Martin as rasurpur.de - I'm just debating between the frameback and the hollow ground one.

If Mr. Heljestrand shows up at my door he is more than welcome to have his razor back :biggrin1: Haunted by a ghost for the rest of my life is not worth hanging onto an MK 32 :laugh:
Imagine his shave den :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Jernbolaget frameback, 1890's.
Those are some sweet shavers!

Very little wear on this one.
Just finished up the scales this morning. Bocote!

proxy.php

Just picked this Johan Engstrom frameback up this weekend.

proxy.php
That one will shave like there's no tomorrow :w00t:
I just had this EA Berg rescaled. The old scales were ivory, but had a big crack in them. Seraphim did the handiwork.

attachment.php
Pretty!
Shame about the ivory though, there aren't that many EAB's around with fancier scales.
Mr Berg went all out on performance, not so much on looks.
But they are absolutely top notch shavers, in any company IMHO :thumbup1:

Here's my Hollinger. She's my first successful honing on a coticule. Mellgren, Sweden is stamped on the tang.

...Ray

I found a pair of Engstrom framebacks at a flea market last weekend. They need a bit of work, but should clean up nicely. Sorry about the bad pic, all I have is the cell phone right now.

proxy.php

Here's my Hollinger. She's my first successful honing on a coticule. Mellgren, Sweden is stamped on the tang.

...Ray
Never heard of, probably made on commission either in Germany for Sweden or vice versa.
"Mellgren" is a not-so-unusual Swedish family name.

Totally unrelated is Kajsa Mellgren (or perhaps her great grandfather made it , so it might just be related...:w00t: )

There wasn't a Swedish teenager around the first half of the 1990'S that didn't have a severe crush on her :tongue_sm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2i_OWVbMpk

I found a pair of Engstrom framebacks at a flea market last weekend. They need a bit of work, but should clean up nicely. Sorry about the bad pic, all I have is the cell phone right now.
There's those Engstrom framebacks again, they must be more common in the US then over here!
The strange thing is that Engstrom is in fact one of the few bigger forges that went out of busines early, while straights still were popular, they folded due to bankruptcy 1917.

Top Bottom