What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

Wow, some beauties out there! :thumbup1:

That smiling R. Saito / Kikuboshi is a killer :001_wub: How do you hone that???

Wow, some beauties out there! :thumbup1:

That smiling R. Saito / Kikuboshi is a killer :001_wub: How do you hone that???

Normally, if you use an X motion, your wrist doesn't move. Your arm moves as one. For this razor, I used an X motion while simultaneously rotating my wrist so that I could get the entire edge to touch the hone at some point. It sounds more complicated than it is in practice.

There is a part of me that knows that it's going to be Japanese razors that lure me into straight shaving. Thanks to everybody for sharing such wonderful photos.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I only got one. I have to admit, I must be a minority, I don't like the frameback razors and I'm not a huge fan of this one. It's a very nice razor and Telly facilitated the transaction (thanks again). I used it a few times but I'm still debating if I shouldn't leave it on a shelf for a few weeks and try again or just sell it.

I like the look but I think I have something for French, British and German razors...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I only got one. I have to admit, I must be a minority, I don't like the frameback razors and I'm not a huge fan of this one. It's a very nice razor and Telly facilitated the transaction (thanks again). I used it a few times but I'm still debating if I shouldn't leave it on a shelf for a few weeks and try again or just sell it.

I like the look but I think I have something for French, British and German razors...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm sure you'll have a hard time selling that one. :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well there is a lovely home I can provide for unloved :tongue_sm

My small japanese collection.

This one I bought from a japanese ebay-seller, but I don't know if it's really a japanese blade.
proxy.php

The Tosuke is mine, the Kanetake I had just for sharpening here.
proxy.php

The KAI Captain Excelia. It's not really a straight, but I love that thing, because it's always shaveready, needs no honing or stropping. A great razor.
proxy.php

This one I bought from a japanese ebay-seller, but I don't know if it's really a japanese blade.
proxy.php

proxy.php

The KAI Captain Excelia. It's not really a straight, but I love that thing, because it's always shaveready, needs no honing or stropping. A great razor.
proxy.php

Very nice!

thanks for posting.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That KAI just looks cool!

Did you get a chance to shave with the Kanetake while you had it? I wonder how it stacks up to a Tosuke.

Here is my latest acquisition, a Fon Golden Star Deluxe. Believe it or not, SRAD has been on the wane here for a while.

proxy.php

Top Bottom