What's new

Post Your Catch

Taking a break from reading Big Two-Hearted River by Hemingway at the airport to take a look at these trout photos, imagining what Nick sees in the river.

Never read it but I did a Wikipedia search and located the part you speak of. It's what trout fly fishermen like to see, "trout feeding in the evening light "making circles all down the surface of the water as though it were starting to rain." (Hemingway) I caught these two as I was watching them feed.

$image.jpg
Here's a "snooklet" from the dock lights.

$image.jpg
...and the "Flats Boss"

Last edited:
Thanks. The fish was caught and released in the Intracoastal in Palm Beach. The photo of the skiff is in the Indian River Lagoon.

$image.jpg
A little late, I caught this and released it in February ice fishing on the lake with my Father and Son. We caught a real nice mess of bluegill and perch, but my son was most impressed when we landed this nice bass. It was a great day on the ice!

$IMG_0925.jpg
This was the largest fish I've seen in person, and I am beyond proud that my daughter caught it all by herself! She ran for the rod, hooked it and fought it all the way to the hole, all I did was put the lippers on it and pull it out of the ice. I'm still deaf in my right ear from her screaming!

View attachment 647844
This was the largest fish I've seen in person, and I am beyond proud that my daughter caught it all by herself! She ran for the rod, hooked it and fought it all the way to the hole, all I did was put the lippers on it and pull it out of the ice. I'm still deaf in my right ear from her screaming!

Nice catch. How much did Mr. Pike weigh.

This one weighed in around the 17lb mark. I use an 8" auger and this bugger had to be squeezed through the hole.

View attachment 647844

two beauties and one proud dad! Congrats!

Great catches everyone! I haven't been fishing for a while but me and a friend are going to a lake on the 18th/19th May for a 36 hour fishing/camping session, hopefully I'll have some pics to post!

Great catches everyone! I haven't been fishing for a while but me and a friend are going to a lake on the 18th/19th May for a 36 hour fishing/camping session, hopefully I'll have some pics to post!

Even if you don't catch anything, there's always photos to take.

Top Bottom