What's new

Pomade and/or Hair Conditioner Advice

My son has hair. I do not. He has been using my Pinaud Eau de Portugal to wet his hair and Brylcream to style it. It gives it a little shine and holds it well. He combs it every so often. It doesn't get hard. I read the label and it says it is just conditioner anymore. Whatever it is, it washes out readily.

It looked nice overall. It did keep the hair from sticking out, and it was remarked that it had a light shine.
I think it was a bit darker in colour.

The point I really liked was that it made my scalp and hair feel better.

I used Marco's suggestion of de-greasing with a bit of olive oil before shampooing; worked great.

Mineral oil also works well to degrease and it's less expensive than olive oil.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It looked nice overall. It did keep the hair from sticking out, and it was remarked that it had a light shine.
I think it was a bit darker in colour.

The point I really liked was that it made my scalp and hair feel better.

I used Marco's suggestion of de-greasing with a bit of olive oil before shampooing; worked great.

Glad to hear, Sir! Oil based pomades from the Golden Age are the way to go. I firmly believe that these original products of the 1920's and 1930's are vastly superior in performance and quality to any modern counterpart and that's why I love them!

As for the de-greasing method I posted about a while ago, there's things I'd like to add: use this method ONLY when you really want to remove any trace of the oil based pomade from your head. Oil based pomades were formulated to STAY into the hair, not to be washed out every time as you do with modern water based stuff. By partially remaining into the hair oil based pomades are more economical to use (you will need just a little amount the next time) and will constantly keep your hair and scalp healthy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom