What's new

Polaroid

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought you all might get a kick out of the advertising sign in this. It is for the new Polaroid 60 second model camera. The lady in the picture is my maternal grandmother. I suspect the shop owner was demonstrating the camera for potential customers and snapped the picture.
View attachment 704996

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My sister did a screenshot of the picture posted by my cousin, hence the smart phone icons along the top.

Ah yes.
Snap.
Pull.
Wait 60 seconds. (depending on temperature)
Peel.
(Let it dry?)
Squeegee on the clear coating.
Let that dry.

Legion

Staff member
Ah yes.
Snap.
Pull.
Wait 60 seconds. (depending on temperature)
Peel.
(Let it dry?)
Squeegee on the clear coating.
Let that dry.
Watch a fly land on the clear coating and glue itself there...

I did that once.

My favourite was the negative/positive film (I forget the name of the type), but I remember my Polaroid 600se took it. You would have to carry around a bucket of... I think it was Sodium thiosulphate, to clear the negatives and transport them home to dry.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My sister did a screenshot of the picture posted by my cousin, hence the smart phone icons along the top.

Cool, thanks for sharing Owen.
Cropped out the phone icons for you.
The add is out of focus but it looks like it says at the bottom of the add "Your photo taken free"

$IMG_2742.jpg

Very cool. Hard for us to imagine and appreciate how revolutionary the Polaroid was in its day.

Edwin Land was quite a visionary to conceptualize the process, develop it, and get it into production. Really quite remarkable.

Top Bottom