What's new

Pol Silver SI and Polsilver Stainless

Love my PSI blades. They are sharp and verrrrrrry smooth, well behaved blades.

(Side note: Im not a fan of just sharpness….Feathers for example don't agree with me at all.)

So, how would the Polsilver Stainless (Brown and yellow tucks) currently offered by shaving.ie compare?

Exactly the same, a notch below or streets ahead?

Ive read the old threads….come people say the polsilver stainless are not smooth, some rave about them.

Opinions on the Polsilver SI seem far more consistent….9 out of 10 B&Bers prefer them, so to speak.

If only things were as clear on the Polsilver Stainless.

To be sure I will order one tuck….guess there's no substitute to trying them myself.

@davidsilva appears to be a Polsilver Stainless fan. Hopefully David will drop in and give you his opinion.
upload_2017-2-24_21-57-34.png
upload_2017-2-24_21-58-3.png

Thanks for the shout out Cal, missed this thread.:001_huh:
I mistakenly ordered the Polsilver Stainless looking for vintage Polsilver Super Iridium blades. I admit I ignored them for a bit because of my error. I then decided to check them out, and found them as smooth and sharp as the SI blades, and long lasting too. I am up to 30 shaves on my February blade, and anticipate easily hitting 40.

To stress the blade's longevity, I decided to spend the last 10 days using a Shavecraft Tech or 2013 R41 and steep angle. This is supposed to be harder on the blade's edge, yet the Polsilver Stainless is holding up very well.

Of course YMMV...

I've never tried the stainless, but the PolSilver SI has been my go-to blade for months now. I find them very smooth.

So I got my tuck of Polsilver Stainless (brown and gold pack) and have to concur they are fantastic.

Very nice bbs shave (2 1/2 passes) and a fantastic post shave feel. Found it to be a nice sharp blade that is really smooth. Great audio feedback too and I wonder if thats because they are slightly beefier than the Polsilver SI. Usually the most troublesome part of my shave is going sideways across the neck. This one did it brilliantly without any weepers. But could be because it was the first use.

Wouldn't mind observing it over the next few shaves to see how it evolves but first impressions are solid. Well worth a punt.

Mind you I also used a shave soap that was new to me…..Saponificio Varesion 70th anniversary…..exceptional stuff…so perhaps that played a part too.

I found the wizamet ones to be awesome on the first couple of shaves then blunt after that.

With the modern ones, they are a tad too sharp to start with them become buttery smooth for the following 5 shaves, so I definitely prefer the modern ones.

Definitely a YMMV situation. I shaved today with a vintage Wizamet Polsilver Stainless, shave 36 and still giving smooth close shaves...

Top Bottom