What's new

Pinaud Clubman question

Hi guys,
i'm thinking about buying a few bottles of Pinaud Clubman and i'm wondeing if they have a consistency like water or rubbing alcohol (the one made with ethanol, not isopropyl alcohol) or the added fragrance makes it a little bit more dense?

I would decant them into glass bottles when you get them. Members have reported that it gets a plastic smell if stored in the plastic bottle for a long time. I like it very much and use it everyday.

I would decant them into glass bottles when you get them. Members have reported that it gets a plastic smell if stored in the plastic bottle for a long time. I like it very much and use it everyday.

This is my experience also. I always grab cool looking vintage bottles from antique malls and fill them with aftershaves that come in plastic.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.

***I'll decant my Lime Sec into a glass bottle also.***

I decanted my Pinaud Clubman and after a couple weeks I didn't notice any real difference in the scent being better or worse. I ended up putting it back into the original bottle it came in... I'm guessing some people, more than others, are just able to pick up the plastic scent. I've never noticed one!!

I don't notice any plastic scent in mine, I've had a couple of them for 6 years now and nothing smells off. I'd still like to decant them however, just because the glass is more pleasing to the eye.

It's like any other aftershave splash to me.
I'd say watery or like alcohol.

Good stuff. I decanted and it seemed to mellow the scent but it was fine out of the bottle tbh.
The Veg is another matter all together. That smells like walking into a flower shop after a few days in glass (to me at least), big difference. The plastic is not kind to that one.

Its watery. I would definately recommend getting only one bottle and see if you or the bride likes it. I bought into to Clubman hype and bought some when I was in the US last year. My wife HATES it -describes it as a tire fire with flowers in the middle. I don't particularly like it either. Way too strong for an AS splash. Put some on in the morning and you will definitely be 'that guy' at the office :)

I think it feels more viscous than water. I haven't tried them all, but I dislike and threw out a new bottle of Lime Sec after opening it. The classic is nice, but my favorite so far is the Vanilla.
Anyone tried the circus musk??
ps you can order sample sizes from numerous places

Ok, I have to ask the question. Are you guys using the term decant to mean storing in a glass container ? When I think of decanting, I think back to chemistry class when you have a solution with some solid sediment on the bottom. When you decant, you carefully pour the liquid into a different container, and leave the solid junk in the bottom of the original container. My Clubman appears to be a good homogeneous mixture, so I'm assuming you aren't separating liquid from solid, correct?

Ok, I have to ask the question. Are you guys using the term decant to mean storing in a glass container ? When I think of decanting, I think back to chemistry class when you have a solution with some solid sediment on the bottom. When you decant, you carefully pour the liquid into a different container, and leave the solid junk in the bottom of the original container. My Clubman appears to be a good homogeneous mixture, so I'm assuming you aren't separating liquid from solid, correct?

Yes, that's exactly what we meant to say: pour the AS into another bottle

Top Bottom