What's new

PIF - Russian Blades

This PIF contains unopened 5-packs of the following Russian blades:

Astra Superior Platinum
Voskhod
Rapira Platinum Lux

All three of these work well for me, but I have other blades that work even better. I'm hoping maybe someone else will find a new favorite among these three.

To enter, you must have never used any of these blades before. I will pick a random winner sometime Sunday evening. Thanks!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I honestly have never used any of those three. Not sure I've ever used a Russian blade before. So please consider me in, thank you. Very generous, by the way.

I'm in! Never used these blades or anything from Russia, maybe they'll be a good change from the crystals I picked up from the dollar store

Generous offer. Not In. Good luck to all the participants, hope they find a good home, and thank you to [MENTION=87440]DHoward[/MENTION] for the PIF.

Not in. Very nice PIF and excellent chance for someone to discover some great blades. I really liked all 3.

Not in as I already have Astra and Voskhod in my regular rotation. Great PIF, I have heard good things about all 3 blades and have some Rapira in my queue to try.

I'm in. I have tried a number of blades, but no Russian ones. Was debating on buying some to try, but price has been a consideration. Would pay postage.

Thanks everyone for the interest so far. I'll wrap things up around 9PM CDT tonight to give a little more time should anyone else want to enter. Hope you're all having a great Sunday!

[MENTION=108399]Bookworm[/MENTION] has been randomly chosen as the winner of this PIF. Congrats! Hope you enjoy the blades!

***PIF CLOSED***

I received the blades on Saturday(yesterday), and pulled out my Weishi 9306EL that evening. First try was with a Voskhod Teflon coated (Red/Blue box). When I first set the razor to my face and pulled down (in front of the ear), I had to then check to make sure the blade was showing. It was, so I went back and changed the angle slightly, and got a clean pull.

After doing my entire face, I think I can say this is an excellent (to me) blade for the first WTG pass. (normal shave). It's NOT a great blade for buffing or XTG/ATG, even with a full lather. Most of my face feels fine, but right around the mouth still feels slightly sore. I'm going to try it in my 1986 SuperSpeed, and see what happens for a second shave, but I won't try to XTG or ATG with it.

Soap was Arko, brush was VDH standard from their bowl/soap/brush kit. (can't remember if it's boar or badger)

Have used Astra SP, but I'm looking forward to comparing against the Astra SS, and saving the Rapira Platinum for last.

I probably won't use all of the blades up, so I can PIF a few on.

I received the blades on Saturday(yesterday), and pulled out my Weishi 9306EL that evening. First try was with a Voskhod Teflon coated (Red/Blue box). When I first set the razor to my face and pulled down (in front of the ear), I had to then check to make sure the blade was showing. It was, so I went back and changed the angle slightly, and got a clean pull.

After doing my entire face, I think I can say this is an excellent (to me) blade for the first WTG pass. (normal shave). It's NOT a great blade for buffing or XTG/ATG, even with a full lather. Most of my face feels fine, but right around the mouth still feels slightly sore. I'm going to try it in my 1986 SuperSpeed, and see what happens for a second shave, but I won't try to XTG or ATG with it.

Soap was Arko, brush was VDH standard from their bowl/soap/brush kit. (can't remember if it's boar or badger)

Have used Astra SP, but I'm looking forward to comparing against the Astra SS, and saving the Rapira Platinum for last.

I probably won't use all of the blades up, so I can PIF a few on.
Glad to hear you got the blades safely and were able to try them already. Voskhod is such an incredibly smooth blade, it feels like you're not cutting anything. In my experience, it made me want to use more pressure to make it feel like it was cutting more. I had to learn to resist that urge. They were a great blade for me. The only knock I had on them was longevity. I have other blades that last me much longer.

Looking forward to hearing how you like the Rapiras.

Top Bottom