What's new

PIF: Personna 74 blades "The Sweet Sixteen"

Greetings! Last week, in an unexpected and amazingly fortunate windfall, I came into possession of a box of vintage stainless Personna Hospital blades, as part of an eBay lot. The unexpected part happened when I unwrapped one of the blades and discovered they were actually the legendary Personna 74 Tungsten Steel superblades:

proxy.php

proxy.php

For those that haven't heard, these are some of the sharpest, smoothest, and above all, the most peerlessly long-lasting razor blades ever manufactured. They frequently sell for $2-3 each at auction. During this year's "One Blade in February" challenge, I put 25 full-face BBS shaves (at least 80 passes) on a blade like this, and it really wasn't ready to give up even after that.

THE GUIDELINES:

If you live anywhere on planet earth...
If you've never tried one of these...
If you're willing to dedicate yourself to attempting at least 16 shaves per blade...

Then, post on this thread:
I want to go for the Sweet Sixteen!

On Saturday April 14 at 19:00 ET, five winners will be randomly selected to receive a pair of these blades.
You might want to try one right away, and reserve one for next February's challenge! Good luck to all who enter.

Top Bottom