What's new

** PIF ** Marriage Advice PIF: Simpson Brush and Software up for Grabs!

Tell her you love her every day. Have fun. If you think you are headed towards a fight, ask yourself "is this really that important?" Sometimes it is, most of the time it's not. Live within your means.

Congratulations and best wishes,

Old Prohaska

Wow, for a single guy, this stuff is really blowing my mind. Great PIF, but even greater advice from the gents on here.

This August I will have been married to my wonderful wife for twenty one years.

When we first me I used to pull her thong aside to get to her ***, now I have to pull her *** aside to get to her thong.

If can laugh together, you can live together. Have a great wedding and life together..

So you took the red pill, congratulations.

Why we take this drastic step, because that other person is the missing piece of your puzzle. Some call it love, some call it need, lets call it a pooling of life. She fills you with sunshine and you can be the man her mother never warned her about.

The secret to any successful marriage, quietude.. a man's best friend. Whenever, and there will be times, you get into an argument which makes you just want to bang your head against the wall and pump your fists into rusted nails, just keep quiet. When in a situation where you can leave the immediate vicinity without creating a scene, do so in a calm and orderly manner. Go out, take a walk. When driving, calmly drum your fingers against the steering wheel and don't look at her. Dining out or some other social occasion, breathe throw your nose without wheezing and try to think happy thoughts without a pinched face, that BBS or mixing the perfect yoghurty lather and in due time you will remember the millions of things about her that you can't live without.

Never be confrontational, her needs come first. Her shopping list gets top priority. Her hair ALWAYS look perfect, as does her dress and her shoes ALWAYS match. Her lipstick and eye makeup are ALWAYS spot-on.

Did I extol the virtues of quietude? It is easier to diffuse a fight whenever you can than apologizing afterwards. Easier on the wallet too. An honest marriage filled with fights and makeups looks good on paper, but what feels better (later) is keeping quiet and not blurting something out which would break her heart.

Its getting late and some long pent-up emotions are beginning to surface so I'll wish you the best of luck on this amazing new journey you're about to embark upon. Take my words as a guide, not a recommendation. YMMV.

Very generous and congratulations!!!

I'll make my advice simple and sweet:
1. Marry your best friend.
2. Never go to bed angry at each other -- NEVER!
3. Never let your kids see you fight.
4. Ask yourself often, what if I never saw her again, remember that feeling, and tell you often and sincerely how much you love and need her.
5. Say "please & thank you."

1.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]crush your enemies[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.see them driven before you[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.hear the lamentation of their women.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*wait, that's what's best in life...*[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marriage advice:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.Marry your best friend (cannot be said enough)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.Pick your battles (arguing about something important is essential, arguing about everything is counterproductive)
3.Take an active part (laundry, painting, cleaning, etc. They're your partner not your parent)
4.As with everything in life, follow the Golden Rule

Good luck and congrats.
[/FONT]

Congrats on getting hitched, and kudos for the generous PIF.

My advice comes down to dollars and cents - $$ is the source of a lot of turmoil and fights so do what I've done with my wife - have a joint account that abou 80% of each of you income goes into, enough to pay the bills. Than set up personal bank accounts for each of you where the other 20% or so of your income goes - that money is yours and you don't have to ask to use it! You can buy all the shaving stuff you want as long as it's from that account. My wife and I have never once even disagreed over money. There's often "what did buy now?" followed by "hey, it's your money..." haha - I love it.

Other than that, say 'I love you' as much as possible and always mean it, appreciate all the things she does for you and TELL her you appreciate all the things she does for you. Congrats again and enjoy the ride, it's a wonderful thing to share your life with someone you love.

My advice to folks talking about getting married is, DON'T!!!

I have been married 10 years this summer and it's rough. The best advice I can offer is communicate with each other. Don't talk at each other but really talk to each other. Life is tough and you will need your partner to be there for you and understand you when your tired, off, right, wrong and just plain nuts. It is very important that you grow together and not apart.

Every one is different and has their own way but I have found with my wife if I just tell her what I'm thinking we can work things out together most of the time. I use to be the "strong silent" type and did not think anyone could help me with anything. I did't realize that when I didn't say anything she thought I was mad at her or that she did something wrong when most of the time what was bugging me had nothing to do with her.

So one last time DON'T DO IT, but if you do talk to the girl she is more helpful then you could ever imagin.

Great PIF!

Next month will be 11 years for me. We have had some tough times, but right now, we are as in love as we have ever been.

1. Never take her for granted
2. Never go to bed mad
3. Kiss her good night every night, good morning every morning, goodbye every time you part, and hello every time you return
4. Tell her you love her every chance you get
5. Don't sweat the small stuff

Let unimportant or inconsequential things slide. Example: The two of you see an animal in a field. She says, " That is a beautiful horse." But you clearly see that the animal is a mule. Do not correct her. You should say, " Yes, dear, that is a beautiful horse. "

Congrats. This December will be my 10-year anniversary. My best advice: before a conversation turns into a fight, ask yourself if it is worth fighting about. If it is, work it out until you get it resolved. These are the things that will come up over and over until you settle them. If you realize it isn't worth a fight, get over it right and move on. My wife and I are both 'natural arguers', but this has saved us a lot of grief.

You will be the King, she will serve and obey. You will have absolute rule over your kingdom (house).
You will strictly rule but be fair. You will.....One minute, yes dear...yes dear.....right away dear....
I have to go now, the garbage needs to go out and I have to do the dishes.

Here's the best advice that I can give you: Don't ever stop dating her. As guys, or at least me, we tend to get comfortable and worse, complacent in a relationship. For myself, I don't need to go out to dinner or a movie to feel like we are still a couple; I don't need to hear "I love you" every time we get off the phone; and to be honest, I don't need her to tell that I am still attractive. Women on the other hand, often need a lot of these things, whether it is for reinforcement of the relationship or just to make them feel special, or whatever (after 16 years I still don't have the answers).

Have a date night at least once a month. If/when kids come along it will become even more important. But, for at least one evening a month, just go out and be a couple on a date again.

I also have to echo the same advice already given in this thread: Don't try to fix every problem that she tells you about. I am as guilty of this as anyone, but more often than not, if she is telling you about a problem, she just wants to talk about it with you, so just listen. If it seems like she wants help, just ask if there is anything that you can do, don't just start giving advice.

And above all, congrats!

Congrats! I have not read through others posts so forgive me if some of this advice has been given prior to my post!

I met my wife my jr year in high school. She unexpectedly got pregnant our sophomore year (oops). We had the child our senior year and was able to graduate with a beautiful little girl!(best thing that has ever happened to me)

A few years after graduation we got married. We had a lot of ups and downs through our relationship so I have some advice that may be useful to you.

The biggest thing that helps a relationship is trust, without it I feel there should be no relationship.

Next would have to be a relationship that is most of the time 50/50. I have had great success with this one, very few arguments and a sence of equality is good for your female partner. I feel like you could still" wear the pants" and still have it 50/50.

This is a hard one for most but LISTEN to them. Don't just hear them, listen. They hate it when your not listening.

A few compliments a day goes a looooooong way. Make her feel good about herself and you will be rewarded in ways we all need!!!! Boom Chica boom boom....

With these simple things you will have a strong healthy relationship. I am living proof as me and my wife have a fantastic relationship and we never argue.

Remember when she is happy the world is a better place to live in!

Hope some of this helps and good luck with your marriage.

Don't give up if times get hard!

Congratulations.
I am 10 years into my second marriage. and learned a lot from the first.

My advice is...
Always be honest with each other.
Be best friends.
Share EVERYTHING (good things, bad things, money, friends, chores. Everything!)
Kiss each other goodbye.

Awesome PIF! And congrats on finding a good one. Here's my advice for you:

1) NEVER take anything for granted and ALWAYS have an appreciation for things you do for each other. Be verbal and show your appreciation
2) Always be open and honest with each other, even if it causes a fight
3) Fights will happen and it's really okay. In my opinion you aren't communicating very well if you don't have a healthy argument once in a while
4) Sometimes you need to just listen, no matter how crazy the stuff coming out of her mouth sounds. Hormones make women do and say crazy things they really don't mean
5) Live life to the fullest and make time for each other. This is especially hard if you have kiddos. Your marriage is the foundation of your family so you need to keep it healthy

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats may God bless you marriage !

Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the lord .

The day after we had our wedding we went to this pizza place I knew . The owner came over is congratulated us and said,
In marriage 100% is needed every day . That 100% is shared by husband and wife each must give their own 50%.
50% plus 50% equal 100%.
One can't give 60% and the other 40% it would not be equal each must give 50%.

We have been married almost 13 years

I thank God for my sweet heart.

Top Bottom