What's new

Picture test

$IMG_1925-1.jpg

BACKUP TEXT left

Here is my 1 week test, similar to the one found
here, but perhaps not as technical as I did not dry between uses, did not try to limit the amount of lather used etc.

I used my usual A-B-C's in my head for a lather time (about 15sec) for each use. I varied my razor every couple of days and my brush daily. I bowl lathered some days and face lathered others, to give an overall general idea of how much I use "on average".

Hardware used:
Feather AS-D1
Bull Progress Deluxe
BRW Gillette New with Short Combs
Semogue LE Bristle 2
Semogue 1305
Thater Stout 2
TGN Finest Restore

Method Used:
Day 1 Face Lather
Day 2 Bowl Lather
Day 3 Face Lather
Day 4 Bowl Lather
Day 5 Bowl Lather
Day 6 Face Lather
Day 7 Bowl Lather

My pretest weight of the jar with lid was 470.3g, my post-test weight was 461.3g. Therefor I used an average of 1.285g per shave. Much more then the previous tester, but I made sure I used enough on my brush to last the entire shave or enough in my scuttle for an extra touch up pass. I see no need in trying to stretch product to last for years.

Overall it was a fantastic "Week with Martin". My lathers were perfect every day, no matter what brush or method I used. My shaves were equally as good.

Based on my price of MdC shipped to me from France, $60cdn, I figure my average $/use of MdC is sitting around $0.45 per day.

To me, it's well worth it. It's a no-brainer when it comes to lather and delivers some of the thickest, bountiful, luxurious lather I have ever experiences.

My week of using it daily reaffirms my purchase and what I already knew....MdC is worth every penny.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom