What's new

Pick for me....

I too have had this problem...I used to stuff the bowl ful...twist and stuff and then put in more...got tongue bite, uneven burn in the bowl and lots of unburned tobacco and wasted a lot. I have since, for the last couple of years been loading the bowl lighter, getting a nice burn of the whole bowl less tongue bite and more use out of a 2 oz tin....but then I started smoking flakes and plugs and slipped back into the bad habbit of over stuffing....I'm working it out....:thumbup1:

OK, I just decided on Robusto, Key Largo, & Purple Cow. Yeah, I'm a little impatient. :blush:

The goods arrived in today's mail. I'll fire one of them up tomorrow. I'm thinking of starting this round with the "Purple Cow" as it's just an oddball name. We'll see tomorrow.

Working through the Purple Cow in a MM Diplomat now... boy, that just doesn't sound right. :eek: :lol:

So far, the room note might not be super, but I'm enjoying it. Closer to a cigar "taste." But, a bit more of "bite" in the mouth.
Tho, I still really like "Autumn Evening" as well.

Key Largo's up tonight and so far, nice. I can smell hints of cocoa and leather as mentioned on the label, maybe a hint of spicey. The room note isn't bad and it seems to compliment the cinnamon incense I just started up.

10 minutes in... this is a surprisingly complex and interesting smoke. Maybe not cigar-like per se (close tho) and definitely interesting.

Pease Robusto up tonight.

Just finished the smoke and I'm not in love, although I could probably get used to it if I had to. The smoke/room note was fairly cigar-like which was nice. The mouth taste was passable, but I occasionally got very sharp and unpleasant leather-like notes.

Maybe this one needs to be sampled again in a few days before deciding.

Top Bottom