Photobucket? Don't make me laugh

Discussion in 'The Darkroom' started by scottish steve, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok I've just spent an hour of my precious time getting messed around something awful on photobucket. First session on there since signing up today and it will be my last. I cannot believe how slow, stupid and basically unworkable the UI is.
    Way to lose business guys- went on once and that's it!

2. Legion

Legion Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, I use photobucket for all my photos I post here. Seems stable enough for me.

3. Weird, I have been using Flickr and imageshack for years, but have pretty much maxed out the free accounts so I signed up to Photobucket last week for some vacation photos. Found it simple and straightforward for just uploading and then copying image tags for embedding.

4. I also use it without problems. I am curious, what were you trying to do that problems occurred?

5. Rename my files! All 18 of them. It was as slow as treacle, didn't save changes it told me it had saved and refused to transfer pics from one folder to another. Maybe it's got to do with where I'm posting from?

6. ouch

ouch Moderator Contributor

You should ask them for a refund.

7. No problem for me either. Not my favorite, but not too bad.

8. no problem for me. But then I don't have lots of photos, and am using the free account...

9. AABCDS

AABCDS Contributor

You can't rename your files. No wonder it took you a while. You were trying to do the impossible 18 times.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091216195332AA6IZ0O

What you'll need to do is rename your file locally then upload the renamed file.

10. It let me do this several times before crashing. What is the point of not being able to rename your files?!
    So my photobucket first submissions are going to be "Print out at 28 by 45cm at 225ppi"?
    Brilliant!

11. SiBurning

SiBurning Steward Contributor

I'm ready to give up on all the hosting sites. They change their mind and all my B&B posts get messed up.

12. Photobucket's never been a minute's trouble for me for several years now.

13. AABCDS

AABCDS Contributor

Same here. I was thinking about paying the $40 to have increased resolution but that would mean I would have to upload the couple hundred pictures that I already have on there again. The pictures were saved with the default lower resolution already.

14. malocchio

malocchio Contributor

no problems for me as well...fileswap.com is also good.

15. I've never had any problems either. You might look at SmugMug if you want a paid hosting site.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.