What's new

Photo Analysis of Razor Designs

Partial quote:

I'll do a couple more, including slim adjustable on different settings, perhaps over the weekend.

- Bill

Bill,

I really liked your thread, pictures and comments. I was wondering if you ever did work up pictures of the slim at various settings. I searched, but could not find anything more. As a slim user, I would be especially interested in your results.

Bill,

I really liked your thread, pictures and comments. I was wondering if you ever did work up pictures of the slim at various settings. I searched, but could not find anything more. As a slim user, I would be especially interested in your results.

+1. The Slim is my daily user, as well. I know it's a lot of work, but if you're up to it, I would also be very grateful.

Finally an explanation even I understand. :blushing:
The pictures help tremendously. I am very glad you started out with the vintage three piece Gillettes (my present favourites). Hope you will cover some more vintage razors, since this should definitely become a wiki.:thumbup::thumbup:

I first came upon this thread last summer and bookmarked it then. I've referred to it numerous time to help me understand how different razor can be mild to very aggressive.

Thanks, Woodfluter, for this great piece of work and for sharing it with all of us.

Forgive me if something like this has been done before - I haven't found it!

- Bill

Thanks for going to all this trouble, Bill! My experiences with these razors make sense based on your photographic analysis. I especially wondered why the old-style is so unforgiving. Now I know!

Great work, sir!

Hi,

I'm bumping this as I wonder how close the Merkur head is to the Gillette Old style with the thicker cap. As I understand it, the Merkur open comb head is supposed to be a replica of the Gilette Old style heads...obviously not completely however. Great work BTW :001_smile

Mike

Top Bottom