What's new

Overshoes/Galoshes

TheShaun

Bejeweled
Anyone have experience with overshoes? I walk to work daily and never considered a pair for rainy days of which we have plenty.

I see Swims brand turn up a lot on searches but are they really worth the price tag? What do they do better than a $20-30 pair? I do really like the Fred & Matt boots and see the benefit of those but wow! $$$$$

If it was me, instead of buying a pair of goloshes that will only get used once in a blue moon, I think I'd invest in a good pair of Duck Boots that will get more mileage - there are 101 alternatives out there based on LL Bean and Sorel that are fit for purpose and don't cost the earth - I got mine from Aldi Supermarket for just €26
You can always carry your work shoes in a shoulder bag while wearing the boots to and from work and then change into your shoes at work.
Your feet will thank you for it, and you'll have a pair of decent boots to wear when it starts snowing
20170109_102517.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
IMHO, a pair of dress boots with rubber soles will do just fine; just treat the leather (you should do that anyhow) and give them a wipe with a dry cloth when you get to work.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Well, for $20 the OP could probably just give them a shot and see if he likes them for himself.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I had a pair of Swims and they were a quality product. But having them handy, putting them on/off was too annoying for me. Nowadays, I simply opt for Oxfords and Derbies that have a Vibram or Dainite rubber sole in place of the leather sole. Problem solved in any weather condition. :thumbup1:

I had a pair of Swims and they were a quality product. But having them handy, putting them on/off was too annoying for me. Nowadays, I simply opt for Oxfords and Derbies that have a Vibram or Dainite rubber sole in place of the leather sole. Problem solved in any weather condition. :thumbup1:

Agree, I normally wear my Carmina boots similar to ones below with dainite sole on bad weather days.

proxy.php

Top Bottom