What's new

Oud / vanilla

Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions for fragrances of oud/vanilla type. Something like
Perry Ellis Oud Vanilla Absolute For Man or YSL M7 Oud Absolute. But I saw a lot of bad review about those...
Any recommandations?

Thanks!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Perry Ellis Oud : Black Vanilla Absolute has quite a few positive reviews and it's fairly cheap.

My current favorite is Oud Assam by Rania J. Rania J. is a Parisian perfume house whose founder and nose, Rania Jouaneh, is strongly influenced by her Middle Eastern roots. As she explains on her website, her “passion for fragrances and perfumes originates from her childhood in the Middle East and Africa where she was surrounded by the aromas of the jasmine trees under which she played, the spice markets, souks and African bazaars.”

But there is no vanilla in there. It seems oud and vanilla is not so easy to find. I did see
Vanilla Oud (2014)
proxy.php

by Eternal Scents
but could find no reviews. I find that just a little frightening for a frag that's been available for a couple of years. Samples!

I have heard mostly good things about those.
Before I can recommend something I have some questions

How heavy do you like Vanilla?
What price range are you thinking?
Any notes you do not like?

Although an aftershave, Fiagro Monsieur is a great oud vanilla combo. Very subtle and sophisticated. It last quite a while though doesn't have the projection and longevity of a cologne. It is one of my favorites.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Oud is so strong; not sure I care for it.

Sprayed a few shots of oud cologne into some unscented hand lotion and forgot about it ... used it today and was pleasantly surprised!

Faint, tolerable, different.

AA

I have some great oud, and some excellent vanilla Fragrance, but nothing that marries the two. For vanilla, my current favorite is Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser, which has garnered compliments at a rate surpassing everything except Montale Patchouli Leaves, another vanilla based fragrance (I get more attention wearing it than with Creed Aventus, which is saying something). A couple other vanilla Fragrance worth looking at are l'Occitane's Eau des Baux and Andy Tauer's Vanilla Flash. My favorite Oud is Christian Dior's Leather Oud, but Lalique Encre Noire and Montale Black Aoud are worth giving a try.

Top Bottom