What's new

Oscars Flub

Edited to give credit where credit is due

Now cited as the biggest flub in oscars...

Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were given the wrong card and the last 5-7 minutes of the show stole the night.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
DC:
proxy.php
...what were they thinking (too much to drink?)?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"[We're] only human...born to make mistakes. [...]". The Human League

Apparently what I've read thus far, Warren Beatty somehow was given the card given out earlier for best actress and being confused he showed it to Faye Dunaway who just blurted out when she saw La La Land. They were never given the correct card to begin with.

So the investigation begins. What did Leo DiCaprio do with the card once he went backstage.

Somewhere, Jack Palance is laughing...

As for being Oscar's biggest flub, Ordinary People beats Raging Bull is up there in the flub category :001_huh:

Jimmy Kimmel even made a joke about that last night during the mistake correction. He blamed Steve Harvey but then blamed himself.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
How is it that a trained professional can read a piece of paper and not think to himself, "Hmmm, I didn't even know there was a nominated movie called Emma Stone"?

I feel for them, and maybe too much time as a stay-at-home dad has softened Beatty's brain. He's a producer and should know that the Best Pic is the producer's award, Stone was not a producer for the movie.

Poor guy hasn't seemed totally coherent the past few years. I noticed some time back and asked myself if he is showing signs of confusion like early dementia.

I think he could've done some things better but in lieu of the fact that this is the m first time this has happened in Oscar history supposedly, I like how he handled holding the card firm until he got it to Barry Jenkins of Moonlight and to the accountants of PWC.

Emma Stone has confirmed he was holding the exact same envelope and announcement card in her hands when Beatty opened the exact same envelope and card. They have two matching sets of envelopes so I'm sure somehow a bad handoff occurred since she won her award just a few back from that announcement.

Definitely one to YouTube and watch the finale. They did what they get pod stupid money for, they entertained.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
How is it that a trained professional can read a piece of paper and not think to himself, "Hmmm, I didn't even know there was a nominated movie called Emma Stone"?
How is it, that with everything going on, THIS gathers so much fuss on the news. Bread and circus.

I don't know about Bread And Circuses, but I've been an avid Oscar viewer since Midnight Cowboy took home the trophy. This year I got to spend it with the wife and my two grown daughters and we competed with ballots and predictions and I prepared steak diane. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday night (except to have them back on a Monday night in April).

Price Waterhouse, you had one job to do! :001_rolle:biggrin1:

I saw a talk show this morning where someone got a screen shot and it showed that Beatty was holding the envelope labeled for the best actress. Apparently they have duplicate envelopes in the wings and some inattentive person handed them the wrong envelope.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't know about Bread And Circuses, but I've been an avid Oscar viewer since Midnight Cowboy took home the trophy. This year I got to spend it with the wife and my two grown daughters and we competed with ballots and predictions and I prepared steak diane. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday night (except to have them back on a Monday night in April).
You might have to share that in the Mess Hall.

How is it, that with everything going on, THIS gathers so much fuss on the news. Bread and circus.

With all that's going on, I don't know of a better way to point and jab a bunch of millionaires in tuxedos and gowns valued more than our cars and jewelry worth more than our houses to get a reprieve.

That's why this is our barber shop haha

ouch

With all that's going on, I don't know of a better way to point and jab a bunch of millionaires in tuxedos and gowns valued more than our cars and jewelry worth more than our houses (and the IQ of tire pressure) to get a reprieve.

That's why this is our barber shop haha

Fixed it for you.

ouch

The only X-rated movie to do so? Is that your idea of a wholesome evening with the family. :lol1:

Top Bottom