What's new

Order of Gillette Adjustables

I noticed a lot of "clubs" here but surprisingly haven't seen anything for strictly Gillette adjustables.

Well, in the name of all that is good and decent, there should be one!

So, I'm starting the Order of Gillette Adjustables or "OGA"

To join, just post a picture of your Fat Boys, Slims, Supers etc. It's that simple... and be sure to put OGA in your sig!

Thanks!

Well, that's a good idea!
I also have a long Super Adjustable and a 59' Fatboy but no picture.
The Fatboy at picture is a 61' now replated and a 69' Super Adjustable
and a slim from...66' I think!
$292209_3648990257345_705173827_n.jpg$306584_3970047083565_487520090_n.jpg

Tell me more about the Fatboy with Krona doors.

I bought it on another shaving forum for what seems like next to nothing. Granted the razor isn't in perfect cosmetic shape but it's a FB no less and it works. The guy I purchased it from put the Krona doors on. I guess the original doors were shot.

I like it...it's much easier to use under the nose and seems a tad more aggressive.

Here's another pic:
View attachment 293125

Nice looking toggle..can u explain the idea behind it? Does it help you hold it? Why are these so rare?

Thanks, the toggle lever is a quick release system to unclamp the blade and open the doors in one motion. This model Toggle is numbered 1 to 5 on the adjusting dial and has a serial number on the adjusting plate. It is thought by some that only 5000 or so of these were made judging by the serial number range found to date. The Toggle style was one of several competing adjustable designs during the mid to late 50s.

I bought it on another shaving forum for what seems like next to nothing. Granted the razor isn't in perfect cosmetic shape but it's a FB no less and it works. The guy I purchased it from put the Krona doors on. I guess the original doors were shot.

I like it...it's much easier to use under the nose and seems a tad more aggressive.

Here's another pic:
View attachment 293125
So its a hybrid.... Fat krona boy?

Top Bottom