What's new

Open Comb March 2012

Last year we had a very successful Open Comb March, and so why not again?

Use your favorite Open Combs, or try a new one, if you haven't used one yet.

I haven't decided which Open Comb to start with next week, but it might be one I haven't used in a while...​

Heck, thats all I use anyway! Just need a few more to use. Like a Sheraton, a Big Fellow, a Double & Single ring, New Improved, ......
Johnnie

Muhle R41 (2010) - Check
iKon OSS - Check
Gillette New (Regent set) - On way, hope it gets here before end of March to participate.

Wish iKon would make an OSS with 2 open comb sides, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm starting to enjoy the OC razors much more these days.

Wish iKon would make an OSS with 2 open comb sides, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm starting to enjoy the OC razors much more these days.
I wish Weber made an OC. Sent them an email, they stated that they have no plans to at this time. Oh well, there is always more vintage Gillettes I guess.
Johnnie

Hmm...have a Fat tip with brw handle and a silver tuck away I can use for the month. I don't know though, have bought a lot of "new" razors recently and have been alternating between them daily. Not sure if I can dedicate myself to an entire month of open comb goodness.

I was just thinking about this too: I am in.

But it will not be much of a change for me if I keep using NEW and NEW Deluxe for most of the month. So I may give some time to the others: Mühle Fa Tip, Single Ring, New Improved, and Sheraton.

I have an Old in my stable and a New 'In the mail' off the Bay. I'm in. I have been shaving with the Old for a week or so. It is by far my favorite. I've been waiting since Friday for my New. Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting....

BTW ... I'm in.

Im in myself.I have never even used an open comb:ohmy:. Luckily a member PIFed me a Old type head to use on a ABC set that was missing the head I picked up at an antique store. I can honestly say that im a little intimidated by it!

Im in myself.I have never even used an open comb:ohmy:. Luckily a member PIFed me a Old type head to use on a ABC set that was missing the head I picked up at an antique store. I can honestly say that im a little intimidated by it!

Don't be! You'll get an awesome shave, I promise.

I have an Old in my stable and a New 'In the mail' off the Bay. I'm in. I have been shaving with the Old for a week or so. It is by far my favorite.

My frankenrazor old type is by far my best shaver. I really enjoy it!

I even at one point had an OTAD. Rectifying that in my BST post.... Going to be opening to international shortly I think.....

Have been shaving with an old the last week or so and just picked up a New in the wild and cleaned it up. I think I'm going to save it till march 1st and consider myself in for OC March.

Top Bottom