What's new

[Open Comb] Looking for a new razor

Pilky,

I have the Muhle R41 and it is a very nice razor; However, I prefer the vintage Gillette open-combs - my English Model 88 is a superb shaver, and my favourite DE :001_smile

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Interesting, will definitely keep my eyes open for one, thanks for the feed back.

Pilky, I second the recommendation for a Gillette NEW. It is, in my opinion, the best shaving razor Gillette ever made.

Wow, thats a strong statement! I'll be on the look out. :001_smile

You won't regret buying a NEW, they aren't leading your wrong.
It is my experience that the NEW and Old Type are equal in performance and either one is top of the line.
I have never tried a Gillette New Improved but I have heard of some who prefer it to both Old Type and NEW.....I don't see how it COULD be any better though.
Wp

Well i figured i'd update the thread seeings how i got my 11C in yesterday. Big thanks to Sueto for shipping it to me ultra fast. :thumbup1:

The razor was in such great shape my girlfriend actually saidd to me "i thought you said you bought a used one?" haha

Anyhow, onto the review:

Wow, this thing is amazing, i'm coming from a Merkur 34C and i really wasn't expecting a whole lot but this razor is awesome. I loaded it up with a new feather and some proraso and i honestly got one of the best shaves ever. I'm not one to exaggerate but what a difference from the 34C. No pulling at all. One other thing i noticed was the razor left nice straight cuts. In other words where ever i would start in the lather it left a nice, straight, edge. This is great for the bottom of my side burns and around my goatee.

I'm definitely sold on open combs now i don't think i'll ever go back to a fluted bar, well i guess i could try a slant.

For anyone looking to try a new razor definitely give an open comb some though, you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom