What's new

Open Comb before and after w/repair/disassembly

I just realized I never uploaded the after shots of your 16, Roopesh (@slr31):
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425086978.349633.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425086995.828215.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425087010.798515.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425087028.495175.jpg

Roopesh, give me your address in Bangalore. I'll make the trip just to raid your house for all these wonderful Aristocrats. :2guns:

Guns, cannons, missiles.....whatever you can lay your hands on.:blink:
On other thoughts, let's make this a stealth operation - just knives and garrots. :tongue_sm
Roopesh, give me your address in Bangalore. I'll make the trip just to raid your house for all these wonderful Aristocrats. :2guns:

Yikes :blink:. Guru, shouldn't you have been less candid (about your intentions) and instead asked for my address for er, either to congratulate me or to look at my collection. :laugh::lol: Ha Ha! Hmm, what safe can protect my collection from guns and bombs? :mellow:

Kidding aside, thank you Guru and Tonich.

I just realized I never uploaded the after shots of your 16, Roopesh (@slr31)

Thank You CAP for your continued great service.

Last edited:
Great collection, Roopesh! :thumbup1:
I'm happy for you!.. and a bit jealous...
Maybe I should start looking for a #16 now... Ha!

I took my pencil torch and lightly heated the first corner that was to be repaired. After heating, I used my teflon tipped needle nose pliers and went to work, lightly and slowly bending the corner tooth back up.

Captain, thanks for all the small details of the repair work, it's always great to see a true pro at work!

I have a few OC's with bent corner teeth and feel that I should be able to fix them, however I need to make/get the proper needle nose pliers, I have a bunch for jewelry and electronic repair but none fit the job. Did you make your own with Teflon coated tips or purchase them like that? If you can post a pic of the pliers or link where you bought them it would be great! Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

Thanks in advance!

Captain, thanks for all the small details of the repair work, it's always great to see a true pro at work!

I have a few OC's with bent corner teeth and feel that I should be able to fix them, however I need to make/get the proper needle nose pliers, I have a bunch for jewelry and electronic repair but none fit the job. Did you make your own with Teflon coated tips or purchase them like that? If you can post a pic of the pliers or link where you bought them it would be great! Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

Thanks in advance!
It is my genuine pleasure, Sir! It is the least I can do for such a fine community of people.

These open combs are delicate pieces of work, but are generally easy to repair, given the proper tools, methods, and measure of patience:biggrin: To answer your question, I purchase all of my "Gillette Repair" pliers from this website. Yes, they are spendy but a darn good investment, especially doing the volume of work that I do.

I hope this helps! Thank you again, Sir!

Any time, Sir!

Well, I've only had a few notable saves (one of them was yours) but I have worked on hundreds of various DE razors and a few single edge types. I like to try just about everything, except straights:lol:

Time to update the signature Cap. It should say "I like to clean & repair safety razors"

Time to update the signature Cap. It should say "I like to clean & repair safety razors"

:lol: I'm terrible for keeping up with things on here. I did make some changes to my sig line however. I was going to go with "free hot dogs for life" but that was already taken:lol:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I just sent CAP an email yesterday asking if he restored OC TTO's (specifically the Gillette Senator) and I woke up to this thread. As with all of your posts I am sincerely impressed CAP...can't wait to send my razor off to you for some much needed care.

Top Bottom