What's new

Olivina Men Bourbon Cedar Exfoliating Bar Soap

Saw this at Target today. Anyone know anything about it or have any feedback? Smelled good, but would like to know more. Thank you in advance. :)

I used an Olivina bar a couple months back. Was a Cypress & Fir scent, so I can't comment on the Bourbon Cedar scent. But the bar I used was relatively hard, so it lasted a good while. The lather was creamy and didn't cause any dry skin issues. Hoping to pick up a bar of this soap when (if) they get the matching shave cream in stock.

I used an Olivina bar a couple months back. Was a Cypress & Fir scent, so I can't comment on the Bourbon Cedar scent. But the bar I used was relatively hard, so it lasted a good while. The lather was creamy and didn't cause any dry skin issues. Hoping to pick up a bar of this soap when (if) they get the matching shave cream in stock.

Thank you for your input. I wanted to see if they were worth giving a try before pulling the trigger on one. I recently picked up the Kirk Castile bars and it burned my skin, so that is a no go for me. Like shaving soaps, I guess it is a trial and error process. :)

I bought this last week and it is waiting to get used.( I have showered since then just waiting to finish up the bar I'm currently using ) I will break it out tomorrow and let you know.

I bought this last week and it is waiting to get used.( I have showered since then just waiting to finish up the bar I'm currently using ) I will break it out tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you. Looking forward to your thoughts.

IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
I broke it out his morning and liked it quite a bit. Smelling it in the box i definitely got the cedar smell but not much if any of the bourbon. After getting wet and lathering it the bourbon really came out to join the cedar in a very nice combination. Very slightly sweet but the cedar kept it from being too sweet. It lathered very nicely and did not dry out my skin. I forgot that it said "exfoliating" on the box so that was a pleasant surprise. It is a hard, dense soap so it will probably last a while. I will definitely purchase more.

YAY!! That is what I wanted to know. Especially since this is the scent I was looking at as well. :) I will be picking up a bar this weekend. Thank you for the review and congrats on the great find! :)

YAY!! That is what I wanted to know. Especially since this is the scent I was looking at as well. :) I will be picking up a bar this weekend. Thank you for the review and congrats on the great find! :)

I used it again tonight after getting home from the gym and liked it just as much, if not more. I hope you like it as well!

How rough is the exfoliation? Last time I used a bar like that, the bits in the soap were so rough it actually scratched my skin.

How rough is the exfoliation? Last time I used a bar like that, the bits in the soap were so rough it actually scratched my skin.

I have experienced that with soaps too, but not this one. You know it's there but won't cause any bleeding! It's actually a pretty nice level.

That's good to hear. I will have to pick some up next time I get back to Target. Though I was disappointed to read in another thread this companies shave cream isn't very good. I was hoping it would pair nicely being the same scent.

That's good to hear. I will have to pick some up next time I get back to Target. Though I was disappointed to read in another thread this companies shave cream isn't very good. I was hoping it would pair nicely being the same scent.

I bought the shave cream also and it is a little odd. I found it very difficult to squeeze it out of the tube. I did get a decent lather out of it but it didn't seem to stick around very long. I just lathered it to try it so maybe I'll use it to shave tonight and see how it turns out

So daft question from a beginner not even started to be honest. Are soaps the best way to exfoliate before a shave. I v seen something called stick n stone on line. And my wife uses rough sponges ( thinking about stealing hers) can you exfoliate right before a shave.

Top Bottom