What's new

Olivina Bourban and Cedar

I bought a tube of this shaving cream at target a couple weeks ago. Used it today after discussing the bar soap with someone on the forums here over the last couple days. The bar soap was very good but I did not have much luck with the shave cream.

The first issue was that I couldn't even get it out of the tube! I was squeezing so hard that it ended up popping out of the top of the tube. It was like if it was a bag of chips that you squeeze too hard on one end and they explode out of the other. (Refer to picture)
I used a stiff synthetic brush to try to whip up a lather. I got a lather of sorts. It was very light and airy. It also disappeared very quickly. I experimented with more water, less water. I even tried adding more cream since I was now able to easily extract it from either opening on each end of the tube. It never improved.

The one positive was the scent, a very nice slightly sweet bourbon with cedar. I wish it lathered well. I ended up not shaving with it because it was disappearing so fast.

***edit - I DO know how to spell "bourbon"

IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. That doesn't look good at all. If you like the scent use it in the shower and hope the scent sticks with you.

I know this is an old review, but I just bought this, as my grocery has been having supply problems with Kiss My Face, and this was the only non-brushless cream in the store.

Don't quite know where I am with the cream yet, but the tube is foil-sealed under the cap!!!

Cream seems a little heavy, and I haven't made up my mind yet, but I did get a smooth, comfy shave.

Top Bottom