OK, who's buying up all the Dollar General witch hazel?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Discussion' started by The Pontificator, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Stopped by the two DG's closest to me and neither has any in stock. :mad3:

(I stopped in K-Mart to buy some coffee that's on clearance but I'm not paying $3 for a bottle of WH that DG sells for half that. Neither am I paying $5.69 for a bottle of Vi-Jon Skin Bracer knockoff. No wonder DG and Wally World is kicking their retail tail)

2. If you have a Tom Thumbs or a Safeway near by they sell Witch Hazel at a comparable price to DG. That is where I get my WH.

3. I wonder who manufactures all of this witch hazel...

4. I'll ask. What's a DG?

5. Dollar General

6. I could just as easily go to Wal-Mart to buy it (they have plenty) but I don't like going in there any more than necessary.

7. didnt even think to look there.. new trip tomorrow!

8. prb the same person buying up the Ivy Club Spice (old spice knock off) A/S

thank goodness Family Dollar had some:thumbup:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  9. I stopped by another Dollar General on the way home from classes and picked up three bottles of their store brand witch hazel. When the cashier asked me what I did with witch hazel and I told her, she said she was going to buy a bottle to take home to her husband. Another convert. :thumbup:

Last night I splashed on some Family Dollar Ivy Club "Spice" A/S and you know, it's pretty damn nice esp. for $1.60 a bottle; although the fragrance is not particularly intense, it does smell good. It does NOT smell sweet and powdery like P&G OS.

10. We don't have a Dollar General around here, but we do have a Family Dollar. I'll be checking them out for sure. That's a good price, and witch hazel is all witch hazel.:thumbup1:

11. Not me, but I will now go there tomorrow.