What's new

October 31st- Halloween Show and Special PIF

So my birthday is on Halloween. :a47:

Is that considered scary?

I know I was pretty scary looking when I was born..............lol
All you needed was a shave

:lol:
$Wise-Baby-with-a-Beard--117075.jpg

When I was a child we would often travel to my Grandmothers house in Lexington, Ky. My Grandfather built the house from plans and materials he bought from Sears, Roebuck and Co and subsequently remodeled and expanded the house as the family expanded. The house was built near the site of Fort Bryan Station in the northwest part of Lexington. This was the site of several Indian attacks during the latter 1700's. As the adults caught up and talked into the night, we were sent to bed in the former attic at the head of some very creaky and creepy stairs. In the bedroom we always ended up in, the closets we were forbidden to look or play in would open and close of their own accord which would usually frighten the very life out of us. The nature of the doors movement convinced us that the house was haunted and we were frightened to look in those closets because of their night-time behavior.

Years later as adults, my brother and I were talking to Dad about how frightened we were and what we saw. He replied that he also believed the house to be haunted and recounted his story of an encounter. One summer my Father moved from the bedroom upstairs to the back porch area as he and my uncle used to share a bed and they were getting too big to do that. He felt very creeped out and woke to see a man standing by his bed clothed in pioneer garb and looking at him. Where he said the apparition never interacted with him, he did see it several times over that summer. Later that year, (1940) he left home to join the Army rather than stay out there on the porch. I'm sure that wasn't the real reason he joined up, but that was his story. He was 19 at the time.

When I was a child we would often travel to my Grandmothers house in Lexington, Ky. My Grandfather built the house from plans and materials he bought from Sears, Roebuck and Co and subsequently remodeled and expanded the house as the family expanded. The house was built near the site of Fort Bryan Station in the northwest part of Lexington. This was the site of several Indian attacks during the latter 1700's. As the adults caught up and talked into the night, we were sent to bed in the former attic at the head of some very creaky and creepy stairs. In the bedroom we always ended up in, the closets we were forbidden to look or play in would open and close of their own accord which would usually frighten the very life out of us. The nature of the doors movement convinced us that the house was haunted and we were frightened to look in those closets because of their night-time behavior.

Years later as adults, my brother and I were talking to Dad about how frightened we were and what we saw. He replied that he also believed the house to be haunted and recounted his story of an encounter. One summer my Father moved from the bedroom upstairs to the back porch area as he and my uncle used to share a bed and they were getting too big to do that. He felt very creeped out and woke to see a man standing by his bed clothed in pioneer garb and looking at him. Where he said the apparition never interacted with him, he did see it several times over that summer. Later that year, (1940) he left home to join the Army rather than stay out there on the porch. I'm sure that wasn't the real reason he joined up, but that was his story. He was 19 at the time.

Now that's what we are looking for, Excellent, Thanks Rich for the contribution!!

Bump.

Pictures, Halloween Constumes Ghost stories, plus you win a bag of Candy Corn Cmon Folks that is like winning the lottery:lol:. Get those submission in and entire the PIF

When I was stationed at F.E. Warren AFB, I lived in the historic brick houses that were the old officer's homes at (then) Fort D.A. Russell. These housed were built in the early 1900's and many of them had "stories" about them. Many of the building on base were known to be haunted. The base museum would tell you stories about some of the building on base, but would never confirm which, if any, of the homes were said to be haunted. My Squadron building used to be the base hospital and many people had stories if they were there after hours.

My (now ex-) wife often got a feeling that there was a presence in our basement, which used to be the servant's quarters, but now housed our laundry room. She didn't like to go down there if she was alone. On a couple instances, she thought she caught a glimpse of a figure walking, out of the corner of her eye.

My only direct experience in that house was when we were babysitting a friend's 1-2 year old daughter. She was playing at the bottom of the stairs that went up to the second floor. All of the sudden her eyes locked onto the top of the stairs. She was staring intently at "something". We could not see anything up there, but she obviously did. They say that kids and pets are more in tune with the spirit world, and I truly believe she was looking at a ghost.

Top Bottom