What's new

NYC Potlatch 2?

Let's talk about the raffle at the meet up... I have some ideas ......
I think it would be better to discuss them before the meet. There's enough to keep up busy at the meet, and we won't want to waste time on this. We can leave off making a decision until the meet because if it involves people bringing stuff, we won't know what's worth doing until we see what we have. Besides, if we have a raffle, we need to know beforehand so we can bring something to make tickets. Even if it's just a hat full of M&Ms and we draw green to win.

So out with it!

Last edited:
What I was thinking, If everybody brings something to pitch into a box for the B&B.....the New York area group could make it a part of a fundraiser for the board......say join it in to a prize pool.... like Mr. Scruffy's when and if he runs another?????

There's about 30 items left over from Bug Box 2 that'll be making an appearance. These pathetic orphans will be mercilessly dragged out and shamelessly displayed to evoke a sense of guilt and open a sympathetic pocket book. The useless dregs that can't drum up their own sponsor will be hauled unceremoniously home to be sold off for whatever pittance the BST offers. The worst of the lot, deemed too weak to survive the trip, have already been euthanized.

You'll be pleased to know there are now at least 12 more Fountain Pen addicts. This includes two students, and about ten people at my local Toastmasters who heard my talk "The Magic of Fountain Pens".

One of the students was funny since he was highly critical of the pens, until he tried it. :thumbup:

Resistance is Futile! So, we're hitting the Fountain Pen Hospital too? It's decided? I could probably use some more ink...

I would enjoy that talk. You should have recorded it.

Being new to this ceremony, I just wanted to recap the agenda:

Would we be visiting a number of shaving, etc. establishments such as Pasteur's and Cambridge.
We should bring something for trade/raffle.

Questions:

Where are you meeting?
Where would we be eating/drinking?

Maybe craig87c & DunEdinRanger can plan the daytime stuff. Then we can end up somewhere for dinner & drinks.

So Lou and I were discussing what we wanted to do pre-Pasteur's and Rattle N Hum (or where ever we decide).

1. Fountain Pen Hospital (Near City Hall/WTC)
  2. CO Bigelow (414 6th Ave)
  3. Lunch at a Ukranian place Lou knows
  4. Possibly the other Pasteur's and Cambridge uptown. This would of course be another trip on the subway.

These are of course, just ideas we were throwing out. If anyone has any other suggestions or complaints, let me know!

Rudy Vey and I will be coming into Penn Station so let us know when the Festivities will start so we can adjust our NJ Transit schedule as needed

Here's most of what's left from Big Box 2.
There's also a soap in a glass candy dish, and a tiger portayed on a shaving mug.
Is there any interest?

proxy.php

Would love to join you. Instead I'll be jumping on a flight to Taiwan at the very time you are all meeting.

Maybe next year.

--james

So DunEdinRanger and I have figured out what to do during the day:

11am Paul Mole Barbershop: 1031 Lexington Ave between 73rd and 74th
12 Joon (pen shop): 795 Lexington Ave (between 61st & 62nd)
1pm Cambridge Chemists: 855 Lexington Avenue (between 64th and 65th)
2pm Pasteur's (uptown)- 806 Lexington Ave (between 62nd St & 63rd St)
(There's a good burger place right next door to Pasteur's, so we could fit in lunch sometime around here and play with the times 'til 330-4pm)

Then Downtown Pasteur's at 430 + drinks at 6ish, right?

All complaints can be directed to DunEdinRanger! :lol:

Top Bottom