What's new

November 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Movember. Share off the goods that you get while waiting for,Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Also if you haven't joined the B&B Movember thread, join those willing to grow their 'stache to promote men's health.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just picked this Z3 SS.

$IMG_20151101_163758218.jpg

I visited a flea market and an antique shop today, and came home with a few goodies: Fatboy ($8), two Old Types, Old Spice AS, Old Spice mug, Pinaud AS bottle, pipe rack for razor display, and Avon cologne.

Attachments

• $235.jpg
    $235.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 247
Scored the Stirling Synthetic 26 brush and a few soaps. If the brush is half as nice as it looks, it will be a steal.

A trip to Tirana resulted in this:
$IMG_20151107_143708972.jpg$IMG_20151030_212825118_HDR.jpg
Omega 49
Viking SC from Bulgaria
La Toja AS and Balm
Borotalco deodorant - very effective indeed
Figaro SS
Brylcreem
and,
the most expensive was the Omega at 6EUR, the rest was less than 3EUR each... oh, apart from the 18ct gold plated toothbrush, that was 4.5EUR :D Nice.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
What aaaaaammmmazing. [emoji15] [emoji28]

$75 took the lot. :w00t: :lol: He said that he was willing to haggle right before he told me $75, but I didn't want to rob the guy blind, so I told him that I could do 75.

I can send you my address for proper disposal.

Nice Score!!!!

I'll be sure to ship them all out to you first thing in the morning. Wait... :blink: No, no! Your Jedi mind-tricks won't work on me this time.

Thanks, Kev. I was really excited about this one.

Lads, I bagged a 100ml bottle of English Fern edt from Penhaligon's direct when it was on sale last week. It arrived yesterday and I am happy to say it is as good as ever. I think this fragrance is on the endangered species list and when they had it for $50 I fairly burned the keyboard up buying one.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That's a pretty darn nice Gillette collection in one fell swoop! Very nice. Was it an antique store, flea market or estate sale?

Thanks. It was a private seller. I found him in the classifieds. I'm heading back to his place next week to pick up more razors and a few brushes this time. He also has a collection of probably over 70 or 80 SEs, but I only use straight razors and DEs.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well, looks like November is working out to be a bountiful month of acquisitions for me. I'll be picking up some more razors next weekend. :001_smile

For this delivery:
100ml bottle of D.R. Harris Marlborough AS, Omega 10066, a sample of Maggard Razors Premium Northern Moss soap, a sample of Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec, a few packs of blades, and a water buffalo horn scale blank.

$2015-11-14.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That ball-end Tech (I think?) in the corner looks almost like new from that angle.

This picture was before I cleaned any of them. The Ball End Tech in the corner turned out pretty nice, except that the cap was completely stripped down to brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom