What's new

November 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
$image.jpg

The chart killer!

Here's my first Gillette Fatboy! It's a G2 and in pretty good condition. I'll work on cleaning it up a little more before I use it, but I can already tell I'm going to enjoy having this razor.

proxy.php

-- Sammy

Beautiful, man. That's what I'm looking for, since I'm technically a G2 myself (April '61) - good thing I'm a somewhat patient man. Enjoy that Fatboy!!

Here are two more razors scored from the local antique store. The first is a nice L1 Lady Gillette in Blue. It has a bit of plating loss on one door corner and on the blade guards but overall good user condition. The second is a pre date code Super Speed. This one looked so bad that I almost didn't buy it. But it cleaned up real well. Took about two hours of work. The plating is gone under the head, it's pretty thin on the TTO knob, and a few spots on the guards are showing brass. But the doors, inside, and upper handle are still pretty nice.
$image.jpg
$image.jpg

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 248
attachment.php

Three new Myrsol aftershave additions this week: Metilsol ... Tonico Facial Formula C. ... Plastic Shave

all from Merz Apothecary / Smallflower.

Just won a birth year (G2) Super Speed today. Let's hope it ships quick!

The search continues for a nice G2 Fatboy, but I plan on enjoying the SS in the meantime.

Decided to take the plunge into single edge shaving with a Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf. Also scored a long handle Gillette Black Beauty and a Fatip Grande. I have been busy.

Well, my wife doesn't know it yet, but 'she' just bought me a nice Fatboy G-2 from eBay as a Christmas stocking stuffer. Thanks, baby! :)

All 3 of the Midnight & Two soaps, 2 tubes of Nivea Men Originals shaving cream, my FIRST wooden bowl :w00t: D.R. Harris Almond, Dove Mens aftershave balm in Hydrate+ (since it is VERY dry here I thought I might as well try it) and in Sensitive. The blades are just free samples from Fendrihan. The brush is a 24mm silvertip from Whipped Dog sunk to 20mm, my first badger. :badger:

The Harris almond smells quite a bit different than any other almond product I have tried. I can't wait to try it and see how it smells then.

$IMG_0217.jpg

A couple I got, less than 25 each. I Think I did okay also got 2 clubman Vanilla, 100 astras, 100 gillette blues and 100 Voskhod's.
Black beauty is K-2, slim is K-3 and the blue starburst is L-4 .Also got 6 tubes C O Bigelow for 40.

Last edited:
Found this Ever-Ready 200 brush at an antiques mall last weekend for $10. It's in great shape and will soon be sporting a new badger hair knot!

$IMG_2107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom