What's new

No alcohol aftershaves

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
What non-alcohol aftershaves do everybody enjoy? I tend to dry out in the winter, so I am always looking for this type of aftershave. I have nivea balm and CC Bay rum balm. Are there any good splashes out there with no alcohol in them?

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They are not splashes, but if interested in gel aftershave the St James of London has some interesting scents that are alcohol free.

Sent from the Danger Phone

Mama Bear does some with either no scent added or your choice of scent to match her soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually doing some searching myself recently. Here's what I've found.
  • Scented Witch Hazels. Humphrey's, Thayers, Stirling, etc.
  • Fields of Ambrosia
  • K Shave Worx
  • Van Yulay
  • Razorock Problem Solver
  • L&L Grooming
  • Maggard
  • PAA Tonics
  • Tallow + Steel
  • Kiehl's

I think that Soap Commander makes some wonderful AS balms. I've also used Lucky Tiger "tonic" (?) which is great but I'm not crazy about the orange-y scent. My favorite is probably Nivea which doesn't feel greasy, just comforting and moisturizing.

KeenDogg

Thanks guys, that gives me a lot to work with.

None.

:001_tongu

I used balms for ages... years ago.. Nivea and Body Shop in my former disposables life. When I began using DEs I even used some Edwin Jagger Balms, Proraso White, I Coloniali... until I definitely changed to lotions...:001_wub:

I found a product in my local barber supply store called Jodian Medicated After Shave and Skin Conditioner. No alcohol. Lots of face friendly ingredients. Smells like Tabac.

Jodian.jpg

There is a shop on Etsy called tuckerhilltx that makes some very nice alcohol free aftershave splashes. The scents are outstanding. I have 3 and would probably have more, but I greatly prefer alcohol aftershaves. I highly recommend them.

I always have to go with an alcohol based AS but if dryness is an issue I'll throw a good balm on top of it after allowing a minute or two for it to soak in. Lately I've been reaching for Speick AS balsam for that.

Just for good measure I will 2nd the St. James of London line. Really great scents and always leaves a happy face.

KeenDogg

Thank you guys. I'm gonna pull the trigger on something here soon.

Kindly,
Adam

KeenDogg

I've decided to go with @BigJ and try some Lucky Tiger. He's always been helpful and kind to me and I like to think he knows his stuff. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Thanks gents,
Adam

Top Bottom