Nivea ASBs -- Types and Comparisons

So...Nivea makes several kinds of ASB (and one AS lotion):
1. Nivea Cool Kick ASB,
2. Nivea Extreme Comfort ASB,
3. Nivea Originals Replenishing ASB,
4. Nivea Skin Energy Q10 Double Action ASB and,
5. Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB.
6. Nivea Originals After Shave Lotion

First, I didn't realize there were so many varieties. I am a regular user of the Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB and I am a big fan...great stuff.

I haven't purchased the others (hmmmm...I am tempted)...but I thought I would post and find out if others have used the other varieties and get your opinions. Are they significantly different from each other? Are they all the same scent? If you can describe the scent that would be ideal.

Had no idea there were that many either. I have the same one you have an love it too... just did a search, and it turns out there are at least two more! Sensitive Cooling lotion and balm.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Had no idea there were that many either. I have the same one you have an love it too... just did a search, and it turns out there is at least two more! Sensitive Cooling lotion and balm.

proxy.php

proxy.php
The list grows longer! I must check next time I go to Walmart or a drugstore to see which of these they have in stock. Seems to me I have seen the Cooling Post Shave Balm. I don't ever recall seeing the lotions (I am assuming these are splashes). I am more curious about the scent. I am quite picky about my scents for AS or ASB...they have to be just right!

I decided I would try the Nivea Cool Kick After Shave Balm. It was inexpensive like the other Nivea after shave products. I really enjoy the scent. Similar in a way to the Nivea Sensitive ASB, but it had more a cologne, manly scent. It reminded me of my Dad. He would have enjoyed this scent. It is a balm, so comes out of the container like a hand lotion. Feels great on my skin. I didn't get a strong "cool" kick, but it was just a pleasant sensation. I am pleased with my purchase.
nivea-for-men-cool-.jpg

When I use Nivea, I use the Sensitive Cooling Balm. The scent is minimal. I added a couple of menthol crystals to kick up the cooling.

I mostly use splashes. But Nivea is my favorite balm.

I use the Original Replenishing PSB and the Sensitive PSB and they both have completely different scent profiles. I think the original has more of a barbershop type scent where the sensitive is more of a plain scent.

After doing some research it seems the After Shave Lotions aren't sold in the US at all. Only the balms can be purchased here...

I use the sensitive balm around my mouth sometimes after a imperfect shave or if my skin needs extra moisture. I always use a high quality splash first. The sensitive has very little scent but what it does have is clean and pleasant.

Top Bottom