What's new

Nice Doggie! New Wolfman in the house!

I just received my 0.67mm head back from James today. I'm a real pain in the *** as a customer, asking him to modify it first to 0.74mm and then back down to 0.67mm. He accommodated my request both times. He's a very patient man.

I just received my 0.67mm head back from James today. I'm a real pain in the *** as a customer, asking him to modify it first to 0.74mm and then back down to 0.67mm. He accommodated my request both times. He's a very patient man.

James is a class act indeed!

Compliment/Complaint/Question

Great pictures, information, and reviews for these razors. I had not logged on in about a year (serving in the Peace Corps in Zambia) and now that I have, I see a beautiful new razor to drool over. You have helped me choose an end of service gift to myself. Thank you.

Perhaps I missed it, but I have not seen any pictures of the antique bronze option. *shakes head in disappointment.

Let's see 'em, please.

If I am fortunate enough to get on the wait list, I will choose the open comb. It seems the most popular gap is 0.74mm but I don't have much to go on as far as deciding what I would like.

I have only two razors - a Maggard, which I used briefly until I was able to find a long comb NEW. I have been quite happy with the NEW. How do the stock and 0.74mm gaps compare to the NEW?

The wait list closed on July 1...of last year.

The standard gap is probably a bit milder than the New. The 0.74mm gap has considerably more blade feel.

Here are some antique bronze from James' site:

$slide_11_zpsdilntbku.jpg

$slide_3.jpg

James doesn't respond lately.. hmm..

I'm not on the waitlist though and never been a customer. I want to be one though.. lol. :w00t:

How does the 0.67mm setting shave?

I've ordered a 0.67 DC for a friend of mine in the Netherlands and shaved with it before sending it. In my humble opinion this would be my last choice, I liked the standard gap and the 0,74 better, YMMV.

Would a 0.67mm gap provide comparable efficiency to a NEW?

I don't mind waiting for such a beautiful, well-regarded razor. I find the wait part of the enjoyment. I do hope I am fortunate enough to get on the next wait list though.

After, what seems like forever, I today received my dual-comb, Wolfman. I had asked James to make the open side a tad milder than a 34C, and the closed side even milder still. Results were perfect. First pass -open comb, 2nd pass-closed comb, close and comfortable.

I can't imagine a better razor for me. It's a beauty too. I would love to post a picture, but for some reason, I can't get pictures to post.

Regards, Ron I

The Wolfman with standard SB head has a lot of blade exposure, and while it's smooth as silk it's still a bit aggressive for me. I'd like it to shave similar to Rockwell's plate 3 (everything else being equal). James said he can get the gap down to .48, which is right on the button. Luckily, too, since he warned that number is the lower limit on this head and anything less isn't useful.

what is the standard gap on the close comb WR-1 ?? thanks in advance.

James told me his standard grind pretty much simulates the shave of a Merkur 34C. I'm sorry I don't know the specs. I have a lot of problems with tender face. He made mine a little more mild than standard, it is a wonderful shave and very close & smooth for me. It was well worth the wait!

Ron I

Top Bottom