What's new

Nib Acquisitions: February 2017

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It's February! Let's see what kind of wonderful toys and tools this month will bring with it! Post your nib acquisitions here.

Last edited:
about a year ago, I used a Lamy 2000 Broad nib as a test item on camelcamelcamel.com (it tracks price fluctuations on amazon.com and alerts you when they drop below a level you set). Since it just dropped below $115 for the first time in so long I literally forgot I set this up, I now have one on the way!

about a year ago, I used a Lamy 2000 Broad nib as a test item on camelcamelcamel.com (it tracks price fluctuations on amazon.com and alerts you when they drop below a level you set). Since it just dropped below $115 for the first time in so long I literally forgot I set this up, I now have one on the way!
I love my broad nib L2K...just like a paint brush:thumbup: I hope you like yours...you got a wonderful price by the way:thumbup1:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
A Platinum Izumo Taisha Yagumonuri with a medium nib. Right now filled with a Diamine Prussian Blue cartridge using the International Standard cartridge adapter.

proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
A Platinum Izumo Taisha Yagumonuri with a medium nib.

Yowza! That's a nice shape and looks like a comfy grip (I've had troubles with a couple Platinums on my middle finger)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Yowza! That's a nice shape and looks like a comfy grip (I've had troubles with a couple Platinums on my middle finger)

I find them very comfortable in use.

Some other Izumos
proxy.php

And the Boring Details:

proxy.php

I love my broad nib L2K...just like a paint brush:thumbup: I hope you like yours...you got a wonderful price by the way:thumbup1:

thanks.

It showed up today. Love it so far! It will take a bit of adjustment, though (i.e. how it reacts to fairly small rotation left or right)

thanks.

It showed up today. Love it so far! It will take a bit of adjustment, though (i.e. how it reacts to fairly small rotation left or right)
I've found that my L2K does not like rotation...it's almost like a stub nib in that respect; but when you hit the sweet spot, it writes like a dream.

Lovely pens!

I find the grip of the Century very uncomfortable in my hand (just like the MB 146 and 149) but though i haven't seen an Izumo "in the flesh" i instinctively know the grip will be sublime :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
A better picture with better lighting showing the grip and section on the Izumo which looks almost anodized in the first picture. Not sure why and did not notice it initially.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow, my February acquisitions pale in comparison. However they were merely purchased in order for my wife to get free shipping on a set of artist's markers

10 ml of J. Herbis Gris Nuage
Pilot Varsity M - in blue
JetPens Chibi2 fountain pen - to convert to an eyedropper.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Wow, my February acquisitions pale in comparison. However they were merely purchased in order for my wife to get free shipping on a set of artist's markers

10 ml of J. Herbis Gris Nuage
Pilot Varsity M - in blue
JetPens Chibi2 fountain pen - to convert to an eyedropper.

No need to compare. We're all winners if it means getting new gear! :thumbup:

J Herbin Gris Nuage is what got me into J Herbin inks. It's a beautiful gray/pale-blue. I find it to be the most dramatic in a flex, italic, or broad tipped nib. I hope that your wife (and yourself) enjoy it!

Well.... Sunday I won an ebay auction for a blue J transitional with a 1555 Gregg nib. It will need a sac. Wasn't looking for a transitional. Maybe I will resac and flip it or trade for a blue, red or copper double jewel J. I was only looking at the color when I bid. Blue is one of the three I need to complete my J set.

Well, I got nine pens, none of which I actually anticipated getting: one red Estie Dollar pen, seven Bandless Estie Dollar pens, and one non-official (meaning it isn't numbered or engraved, but otherwise the same) Bexley 2006 OC. So, been something of a surprising month so far.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pics, please. You know what they say ... I really don't need to repeat it do I?

they'll have to be cellphone pics, but I'll take some in the morning. I actually only wanted like 2 or 3 of the Bandless Dollar pens, I'm selling the rest (the lot included an SJ sized Bandless and one I've never even seen before, an LJ sized Bandless). The person who tipped me off the the sale is actually getting three of them, both black pens (one of which is that LJ sized one) and a gray one as well- in exchange for restoring all of them.

After a quiet January i found 146 this today on a local sale site its brand new / never inked for a fair price
IMG_0351.jpg

A 6 pack of J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune carts. I really like the ink, but I think I like the little tin the carts come in even better.

Top Bottom