What's new

NEW Mühle R89 & R41 GRANDE

for those who want to buy just the handle, doesn't look like it's an option....why not buy the whole razor, then sell the head...someone can put it on a custom handle.

I contacted them and you can purchase the handle seperately for 18.00 eur and 12.00 eur for shipping.

Nice, but so far i dont mind the handle on My R41 wish i could see a side by side comparison of the razor handles, that is what they should of done when calling it a grande, if someone can post some comparison pics that would be kool.

The contact name at Muhle is Christian Muller at [email protected] and the part number is R89 STIELE Grande and the cost of just the handle is $18.00 Eur with $12.00 Eur shipping to the USA. From what I understand that is like $46.75 US just for the handle.

yeah, I got an email from Christian too. It's probably cheaper to have one of their retailers order the handle for you the next time they put in an order so you don't get hammered on the shipping. For $46, couldn't CoonCat make an equivalent handle?

From Christian at Muhle: Standard handle (with R41 head) vs Grande handle (with R89 head)

Attachments

• $MUHLE_STD_VS_GRANDE.jpg
    $MUHLE_STD_VS_GRANDE.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 379
I hear that in France they don't call it the Grande--they call it The Royale. :laugh:

Truth be told, I think I prefer the smaller handle design--it looks more proportionate to the razor head--but that won't stop me from picking one up.

for those who want to buy just the handle, doesn't look like it's an option....why not buy the whole razor, then sell the head...someone can put it on a custom handle.

Agreed, sir. With my Barley Chrome on the way, I'm going to give it a test drive and see what my feelings are. But selling the head is certainly an option, and one of the reasons why I'm liking the 3-piece razors these days.

maybe you can mitigate the additional weight of the handle being applied as pressure to your face by changing the pivot point where you hold the handle. you'll get the benefit of more handle to hold on to. will wait for user reports.

I like my handles to be between 3 to 3.5 inches. This wouldn't work for me.

I do have a question for the lovers of larger handles. I always felt that when you hold onto a DE, you should use your fingertips for dexterity. With handles that are big in girth and especially long, are you guys holding them in the palm of your hand? Like you would a cart razor or even something like an everyday item like a butter knife?

I like my handles to be between 3 to 3.5 inches. This wouldn't work for me.

I do have a question for the lovers of larger handles. I always felt that when you hold onto a DE, you should use your fingertips for dexterity. With handles that are big in girth and especially long, are you guys holding them in the palm of your hand? Like you would a cart razor or even something like an everyday item like a butter knife?
Not holding in palm of hand. I grip the handle mid point or so with fingers--the exact grip point doesn't matter. . but I have really big hands so it doesn't matter anyway. I also don't worry about balance, or finding a balance point.

Sometimes when shaving ATG on the neck I'll grab the tip of the handle with my fingers.

Not holding in palm of hand. I grip the handle mid point or so with fingers--the exact grip point doesn't matter. . but I have really big hands so it doesn't matter anyway. I also don't worry about balance, or finding a balance point.

Interesting. I prefer gripping the handle closer to the head. I feel I have alot more control that way.

Sometimes when shaving ATG on the neck I'll grab the tip of the handle with my fingers.

If I understand you correctly you do this with a Joris? I don't think I'd dare do that with a Superspeed! :tongue_sm

Top Bottom