What's new

New Backpack On the Way!

I desperately needed a new backpack, as my old one was too heavy and didn't have the features I wanted and needed for backpacking. After much consideration of my gear and base weight, deliberation, fretting, reading reviews, and watching YouTube I pulled the trigger on an OHM 2.0 from ULA. I'm very excited! With any luck I will have it by next weekend and take it out on it's maiden voyage when I do an overnight trip with my oldest son.

I'll post pictures and my thoughts once it comes in.

Nice, how soon before you get the Tarptent and an Enlightend Equipment Quilt or other such Tier 1 ultra light stuff? Your pack is simply superlative in that realm!!!

It was 14F last night where I live so, I'm afraid it will be a few days before I go camping again. I would love to hit Northern Arizona and and Southern Utah in the early Spring though.

I can't believe it's only 2 pounds and it seems to have a great belt/strap system. I hope it's as comfortable as it looks and that it's not too fragile. Do tell us how you like it after you've put some miles on it.

Nice, how soon before you get the Tarptent and an Enlightend Equipment Quilt or other such Tier 1 ultra light stuff? Your pack is simply superlative in that realm!!!

I'm a school teacher, so it will be quite a while before my wallet can afford that stuff! I do have a hammock from Simply Light Designs and a DIY under quilt and top quilt, and am in the process of making a DIY tarp.

I bought a Dana Designs in the mid 90's. I have loved it since. I bet you will love your new pack too!

Phenomenal choice in packs. Once I was turned on to ULA, I vacillated between the Ohm and Circuit models. After a number of exchanges with their folks to discuss straps and sizing (it's really REALLY hard for me to find a good pack fit), it came up that the Circuit fits a bear can, which is now required in the Shining Rock and other wilderness areas locally, so that settled it.

My Circuit fits perfectly, and I've never had a pack that has worked as well--going back to my early BSA external frame days.

The Ohm also gets a lot of attention in the UL community, and I'm certain will serve you well for quite some time. Glad to see them getting some love here.

Cheers.

I desperately needed a new backpack, as my old one was too heavy and didn't have the features I wanted and needed for backpacking. After much consideration of my gear and base weight, deliberation, fretting, reading reviews, and watching YouTube I pulled the trigger on an OHM 2.0 from ULA. I'm very excited! With any luck I will have it by next weekend and take it out on it's maiden voyage when I do an overnight trip with my oldest son.

I'll post pictures and my thoughts once it comes in.

Pictures? How is it?

Top Bottom