What's new

Nassau County anyone?

I used to be a suffolk county guy vrom huntington and come back ever once in a while. When i do head back i spend a bit of time in nassau, queens, brooklyn, and manhattan.

Fyi lee's razors is out of jericho and I've heard great stories of him meeting folks with "product" versus mail.

Fyi lee's razors is out of jericho and I've heard great stories of him meeting folks with "product" versus mail.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I have used him, he is good people :)

Next time your around in Mineola on Jericho turnpike, Ed and Robs barbershop hot towel shave with a shavette razor they do good work from a quickie to a bbs $15 just tell them how u like it

Fil

Next time your around in Mineola on Jericho turnpike, Ed and Robs barbershop hot towel shave with a shavette razor they do good work from a quickie to a bbs $15 just tell them how u like it

Fil

thanks, i'll give that some thought next time i am in the area.. :biggrin1:

@stateref05
Lees razors good online company best thing is he is great guy and normally is willing to meetup in person to fore go shipping charges

There is a nice little babershop in mineola 15 bucks hot towel shave and go work definitely beats aos at 50 and only on their schedule

Fil

Live in Westbury myself

I used to live in Nassau (EM) actually. I was thinking of trying a meetup over the summer in August as I'll be home for a friends wedding. Anyone interested?

I was trying to think of a large place where we could all meet up, that is easily found and might have food. I guess we'll have to get a list of members who are interested and then work from there.

So far it sounds like you and I Fil.

We can figure out as it goes there is am AOS at the Roosevelt field mall and they have several restaurant around the mall

We can figure out as it goes there is am AOS at the Roosevelt field mall and they have several restaurant around the mall

That sounds like an idea. Maybe check out shaving supplies in the mall and then grab a bite to eat. Tin Alley Grill behind the mall serves up some good burgers.

That sounds like an idea. Maybe check out shaving supplies in the mall and then grab a bite to eat. Tin Alley Grill behind the mall serves up some good burgers.

Sounds good to me there is also a new burger place at the mall (bobby flay place)

Fil

Nassau? Any relation to our royal family?

To answer my own question: yes.

It seems Nassau county was named after the Prince of Orange Nassau, by Dutch settlers.
Interesting, since Holland was occupied by France in that period. Were those settlers Orangists who fled the country?

Anyone who lives there who can chime in?

Yes.

Long Island is divided into two counties (let's not bring Queens and Brooklyn into this) and those counties are Nassau and Suffolk County. Originally it was shared between English and Dutch settlers.

You know there is a Nassau County, Florida.

Fernandina Beach (County Seat) is north of Jacksonville, just across the river from Georgia. Home of the oldest (and some say the best, but I disagree) dive bar in all of Florida....perhaps the US, The Palace Saloon!!

http://www.thepalacesaloon.com/

I grew up in New Hyde Park and still live in the area. I know that barbershop in Mineola on Jericho Tpke, I went to Chaminade right over there. I would love to chat with some like minded guys about my new found hobby.

Top Bottom