What's new

Name your Swill Beer

PBR is pretty good, but it is no longer cheap.

Shiner is my favorite, and when I was in college and it was available only in Texas, it was a cheap beer - down in the end of the cooler with Schaeffer (SP?). So it WAS A swill beer. But a very very good swill beer.

I guess Bud is the El Cheapo brand I hit most often ($1.25 on tap at the Post)

OMyMyOHellYes

This one is great, Corona!!!!!:jump: A true import :001_smile:001_smile:001_smile. Thanks, I loved your post!!!!!

Mang, I just bought a 12 of PBR for $8.59. Anybody gets it cheaper? A lot of these so-called swills :001_smile, were priced around $7 for 6. Inflation!!!!!

Al raz.

Headache is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw all of those cheap American lagers. I won't drink them anymore, either, no matter how cold. If I'm going for something light on a hot day it is Corona or Caribe. No headache and goes down easy.

I'm responding to the last post on page 1. Be interesting to read the last 3 pages...

ADD: I saw Yeungling mentioned. I have that and Estrella (not as cheap as in Barcelona, though) in the garage fridge and will reach for one of those when working outside on a hot one, too.

i've been drinking copper bell from whole foods lately. i think it was about $8/12pack which isn't super cheap but isn't really expensive either.

pretty good cheap everyday summer budweiser-style (if you can call that a style) beer. give it a shot but STAY AWAY FROM THE "LIGHT" VERSION IT'S TERRIBLE. seriously i believed there was no such thing as bad beer until i drank copper bell light. having said that, i still drank all twelve of them

proxy.php

Aussie $0.02 - Boags Draught is generally on sale at Dan Murphy's for a cheapie. Coopers Pale Ale (the green one) also gets a regular workout. http://www.coopers.com.au/

After reading I think I'm paying too much for beer. A slab/carton/box of 24 bottles varies between AUD$34-42. Cans are a bit cheaper but I prefer stubbies/bottles.

Genesee cream ale or genessee beer. yes, it is a swill but it does not have the typical yeasty sourness that i always experience with your run of the mill swill and i've tried them all. and for $8.95 for a 30 pack you can't go wrong.

Aussie $0.02 - Boags Draught is generally on sale at Dan Murphy's for a cheapie. Coopers Pale Ale (the green one) also gets a regular workout. http://www.coopers.com.au/

After reading I think I'm paying too much for beer. A slab/carton/box of 24 bottles varies between AUD$34-42. Cans are a bit cheaper but I prefer stubbies/bottles.

yeah I stayed in Adelaide for a time and was routinely shocked at how much money I was spending on alcohol. It's not just beer, my once beloved cheap jim beam was like $30! Even with the USD relatively strong back then it was quite a mark up. I quite liked all of the Coopers varieties, and VB did it's best to grow on me..a little. To me, Tooheys and Carlton were fairly analogous to our domestics like coors and budweiser, I'm not particularly a fan. XXXX I wont go into :lol:

And what is with the caps of PBR....? I thought they were promotional but it appears they are not.

Al raz.

The only 'swill' I've had so far is PBR. It wasn't bad. I'd choose something better like a porter over PBR, but PBR was offered to me, so I didn't want to decline a free beer. :)

Lately i have been experimenting with other beers: I have brief encounters with Beck's Lowenbraw and Peroni Nasto Azzurro. Must say, the Italian beats both Germans.

Al raz.

Top Bottom