My New Razor Rack

Discussion in 'General Straight Razor Talk' started by Barbash, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I posted a while back asking what everyone kept their straight razors in and a few people pointed me towards Smoking Pipe racks. After doing some research I came across the site Two Cousins Pipe Racks and after talking with Mark(one of the cousins) and explaining what I was looking for he was able to take one of their designs and alter it a little for my needs and here it is...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. Mr. Scruffy

Mr. Scruffy Moderator Emeritus Contributor

Very nice!

3. inspiring. did you angle the top cradle's slot rearward to prevent razors tipping out?

4. Mark did and he also slightly tilted the bottom slots so I could store the razors at a slight angle to better display them.

5. That really is beautiful!! I'm actually thinking of learning to smoke a pipe (I inherited my grandfathers pipe collection may years ago) and make purchase one of these.

6. That's a very nice rack. You did well. :thumbup:

7. Didn't anyone else notice the problem of only having spots for 4 razors?

8. Nice rack. Yes, you will soon need a larger one. A double double entendre....:crazy:

9. Haha! For now this was as big as the fiance would let me go and still let me keep it in the bathroom.

10. netsurfr

netsurfr Vendor

I like it a lot. Now you just need to make one to display a seven day rotation. Then, you need to make one to display your 100 razor collection which is what you will have before long. :thumbup1: :lol:

11. Thanks. I figured this one was just a test run to make sure the Fiance liked the look of it before I took over a room with a larger version.

12. Cool work. Just a thought. you might want to make a safety mechanism for when kiddos arrive (if they ever do).

Congrats on the pending nuptials :001_smile

13. Thanks Rich,

I will definitely have to consider the safety bar once their are little ones in the house. Bruce over on SRD gave me a few good ideas with his Old West Style rack when it comes to a safety bar, but I think it will be a little while before I have to think about that. Hopefully by then I am having Mark build a large version of this one for my den.

14. Excellent!

15. clever. i appreciate the entire concept/design

16. Very attractive display piece!!