What's new

My new Merkur Progress

I've just received my new Merkur Progress. I'm a little anxious to try it tomorrow morning!:blush:
$IMG_20160215_121154.jpg

Nice score!
i have never tried a Progress but my first razor was a 34C and i love it.
only ever heard good things about the
Progress, looking forward to hearing how it works out for you

Enjoy

Good for you; enjoy! My Progress is my favorite razor. I use mine on setting 3 for the first pass, 2 for the second pass, and 1 if I do a third pass.

I have great expectations, since I used to like Futur a lot on setting one. I just felt a little too much: too bulky and too aggressive on other settings. Tomorrow you'll know the news... :-D

Oh man my favorite! I wish I could have my first shave with it again. I remember saying "wow" out loud during the shave. Enjoy.

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I'm going to sleep right now and I'm going to do it fast! :-D I'll keep you posted. :-D Good night everybody.

$IMG_20160216_184011.jpg

So, how was it? - you ask?

Absolutely FABULOUS!!! - I say.

I started wet shaving using a safety razor on the 3rd January 2015 using a Futur. I opted for the Futur (and not for the Progress) mainly because of the looks and because some say that a more aggressive razor is better for sensitive skin and I would be able to adjust it if I needed… I thought it might be correct. But, in my case... It is a great razor, but too bulky and to aggressive for my face. Then came the EJ DE89Lbl and the Mühle R89. Lovely razors. Next Merkur 34C (HD). Too aggressive for me. Afterwards I decided to give the Feather as-d2 a chance. What an expensive disappointment it was! People say that it’s mild… They are probably right. And, therefore, lots of facial irritation… And even some small nicks… It felt all wrong on my face. Always too harsh, as if I was peeling my face! I was! And the pleasure of shaving was going away again! I returned to my faithful EJ and Mühle. And now this!

Hot shower;
Pre-shave Proraso Green;
Meissner Tremonia Indian Flavour (If you haven’t tried these, you must!);
Semogue SOC boar brush (Another must try!);
Merkur Progress on setting 1;
Personna blade, one of those that they make for big supermarket chains;
WTG;
XTG;
ATG;
After-shave Avène.

Result: THIS WAS THE BEST SHAVE I’VE EVER HAD! Absolutely fabulous!

The razor glided over my face so, so smoothly that it is difficult to believe that I got a BBS shave without any irritation in three passes, enjoying each single moment of it! WHAT A JOY! And this was my first shave with it. I didn’t even try to use another setting because I was focusing on my new grip since I didn’t want to drop it or something.

From now on I guess this is going to be my favourite safety razor too. The EJ and the Mühle will have to take the second place. This will also be my safety razor advice for anyone starting wet shaving. I really think I’ve found my Holy Grail of the safety razors. That must be the reason why a design sixty years old is still a favourite for so many wet shavers!

WOW!

Top Bottom